Logo by jodyvl - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 08:01:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Your Fractals  (Read 5412 times)
pfrancke
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 06:02:13 AM »

this is why fractals are so seductive.  The mind loves complexity.  Detail means real.  But when dealing with orders of magnitude, it repeats itself, it belongs, it has a home, it feels comfortable, it is recognizable.
heavenriver
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 08:58:58 PM »

Depends on the fractal. A good deal of my fractals has a concept behind it, and it's usually related to its shape and colouring. Another good deal of them is mere exploration, something I either do for fun or for learning (but they often end up coinciding). The meaning of my fractals are usually hidden in their own titles: if they refer to physical objects, they usually have no real story behind them; if their name is a little more abstract and seemingly complex (e.g. "Coercive Exposure", "Broken Heart Begone", "About the Fall of Humanity" just to name three titles of fractals I made recently) then there's much more to them than the eye can see. So, to sum it up: fractals that are just experiments show my playful and curious side, whereas a much more in-depth analysis of myself is given by those that have something deeper behind them. And, in case someone were to decipher the meaning of every conceptual fractal I made, I guess he/she would know me better than I know myself!
ker2x
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 10:40:41 PM »

i focus on programming and buddhabrot-ish fractal. i believe it's a style in itself smiley

often times... there are other approaches which are kinda crappy until you put them in the context of parallel machines
(en) http://www.blog-gpgpu.com/ , (fr) http://www.keru.org/ ,
Sysadmin & DBA @ http://www.over-blog.com/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: