Logo by CorneliaYoder - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 10:14:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 2 more hybrid box vids!  (Read 2143 times)
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« on: July 07, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »

The varying shapes of this fractal reminded me a machine to crush something, so I just called it Mandelbox (litteraly Almond box) even though it's just a kaleidoscopic IFS smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_1abC02gYg

And this one is just a quick exploration and zoom (no transformations) of another K-IFS fractal. I called it moon rising because....just search for "moon rising" in youtube and you will understand ! smileysmiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOAxheyZiVI

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 01:31:42 PM »

I've got a crush on these bib, very nice zoom in at the moon like landscape!

You do so many animations, you can publish two at the time, you are crazy!!!  afro

miner49er
Safarist

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 01:36:31 PM »

Just like 20 years when I longed for the days I could zoom around the (2D) mandelbrot in realtime - I now long for the days when I can zoom around these amazing 3D fractals in realtime! In another 20 years perhaps?
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 03:49:33 PM »

Very nice moon, topping the real one in my eyes  cool
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 01:27:56 AM »

Just like 20 years when I longed for the days I could zoom around the (2D) mandelbrot in realtime - I now long for the days when I can zoom around these amazing 3D fractals in realtime! In another 20 years perhaps?

Somewhat less than 20 years wink

See http://www.fractalforums.com/3d-fractal-generation/where-are-the-realtime-gpu-mandelboxeds/msg18954/#msg18954 for a start - and with a little digging you'll find some GPU renderers for the Mandelbulb too - so far no hybrids on the GPU though huh??

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 09:58:33 AM »

One more hybrid box video, a simple zoom out and back in...

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7RjaBSV6DU

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 08:52:20 AM »

It  is HUGE bib!  shocked
Glad you zoomed in on anouther part than the zoom out!

marius
Fractal Lover

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 08:40:31 PM »

Enjoy!

Nice.
What's up with all the shimmering bits? I noticed those in other places/programs too. DE failure? Surface too thin?
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 12:11:27 AM »

Enjoy!

Nice.
What's up with all the shimmering bits? I noticed those in other places/programs too. DE failure? Surface too thin?

Irrespective of the software there are basically two main types of "shimmering" bits.
The first is simple aliasing usually due to trying to render a fractal to a higher resolution than the actual pixel size which can be fixed (or at least improved) by keeping the same render size and reducing the mathematical resolution or by keeping the same mathematical resolution and increasing the render size. (In most 3D fractals the mathematical resolution is controlled using a combination of distance estimation solid threshold and/or bailout value and/or maximum iteration count).
The second is more troublesome in terms of removal because to improve it generally means increasing the accuracy of calculation (e.g. reducing the step sizes in ray-tracing) because the problem is usually inaccuracies in calculating surface collisions - always more noticeable on thinner parts of a fractal which tend to appear and disappear in an animation when the problem occurs. Of course reducing the step sizes has a considerable speed penalty when rendering.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: