Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 08:30:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Chaos Pro inferiority and superb navigation  (Read 1646 times)
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« on: July 13, 2017, 02:43:44 PM »

Well, Chaos Pro have a bitt older and worst 3D raymarcher.
But:
1. Many praises Mandelbulb3D naviagtor. It indeed is great for modifying parameters of fractal. However none had noticed that in Chaos Pro navigation is more easy.
 You can rotate not only camera but alsou the fractal. In Mandelbulb3D you must fly around the fractal instead of rotation. That's way harder.

Alsou in Chaos Pro Ctrl + left click adds a sphere with center and camera. Then you can increase radius or move camera where you want. In another words you can manualy position camera enshuring that you'll see what you want. In Mandelbulb it is in large part a guess.

(It's after I read suggestions for Mandelbulb 4D. They say Navigator is greatest jet it isn't best in navigation.)

2. Somehow people hadn't noticed certain modificated functions what is in Chaos Pro formulas.

There are certain medieval irrationality. Chaos Pro have worst 3D but it's best when it comes to navigation. But none so far had noticed.
Probably I should write this in M3D wishlist section.

fractal catalisator
Kalter Rauch
Iterator

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 09:59:19 AM »

Alef..."Alsou in Chaos Pro Ctrl + left click adds a sphere with center and camera."

I've seen that in the CP help files but never could figure it out...  huh?

I have to set the ray trace parameters to at least 10/10/10,
and constantly adjust clipping planes if I go far in any direction.

...kind of like an old VW when double-clutching to shift gears......

Kalter Rauch
Iterator

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 09:48:57 PM »

I've tried this "CTRL+left" and it allows the default ray trace parameters
to be used when searching without having to adjust clipping planes constantly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: