Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 10:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: How to get Z-Depth mask in MonteCarlo.  (Read 7814 times)
Description: Monte Carlo is Good But DOF is bad in monte Carlo
alive
Forums Newbie

« on: May 05, 2017, 09:19:49 AM »

Monte Carlo Rendered of Mandelbulb 3D is Awesome But the DOF cannot have float values of 0.01 etc and hence terrible DOF for certain renders. I was wondwring if Z-depth could be saved for that, I could actually simulate DOF in lens-blur of PS or AE.
I tried the same by exporting parameters of Montecarlo in main window, rendering the scene and saving Z-depth, but as MonteCarlo is advance renderer, Main window renders thing differently and hence shapes, size is very much altered and the z-depth do not align with monte carlo render.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 11:12:10 AM »

I don't think it can be done.

Sadly, it seems further work on MB3D is at a halt.  So it's not likely to be added any time soon, but it's a good idea.

I never liked dof effects much, so never played with the settings.  Have you tried changing the values in the dof tab for "Bokeh" and see if it gives results more to your liking?

For now, that's all the advice I can offer  sad

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: