Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 08:43:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello, Julia-Sets, Burning-Ship and Burning-Ship-Julia-Sets  (Read 2354 times)
Description: A brief introduction of myself and some questions
SamTiba
Safarist

« on: December 09, 2016, 12:31:15 PM »

I thought I would be a lone point in the waste universe but recently after searching for some work around fractals I found you.

I started programming around 3 years ago with the mandelobrot-set, I was 16 by that age, and quickly changed to programming Julia-Sets and others.

It seems like most of you guys focus on zooming into the Mandelbrot-Set but not really exploring other possible fractals? Is that true? (Most topics here are about Mandelbrot and rendering Mandelbrot in 3D or other similar stuff?)
Is there a special reason why it's like that, maybe the mathematical understanding or other difficulties that makes it hard to go more deep into the world of mathematics and chaotics?
I'm currently going more into detail on functional analysis understanding the images I create but after having a quick look around here it seems like most of that is hidden somewhere in small corners?

I may share my code later on with you, depended of if it's needed here and maybe add some images soon, if Julia-Sets seem to be a rarity here.

Although hello to you all, I hope I can share some knowledge and also learn a lot smiley

Some of my images: Pinterest
SamTiba
Safarist

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 03:04:03 PM »

Okay that sounds really uninteresting cheesy
I'm trying to find friends to explore rational normal Julia-Sets or Burning-Ship-Julia-Sets, since they appear to not be quite common.

Its more then just Z^2 + C, there's some more out there, did someone of you had a look there? smiley

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 03:46:56 PM »

hello and welcome to the forums, search for 'celtic' in the forums, the celtic variants of the mandelbrot introduce some abs() into the base formula, various foldings are created, kalles freactaler has a huge set of non standard formulas build in

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
SamTiba
Safarist

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 04:06:47 PM »

jep, the celtic variants are pretty cool, I just found them and I'm going to explore them further pretty soon.

But varying the whole formula seems more interesting for me then just adding an abs to it:

the Julia-Set for z^2 is pretty simple for example, because you have just a normal Circle with |z| = 1, but if you vary the formula and have a closer look on the expansion of f.e. 1/(z^4+1) its not even near to the Mandelbrot-Julia-kindofsets anymore:

(1 MP-size version)

Most you see there is the Fatou-Component, but I just wanted to give an example of what I'm interested in to draw peoples attention, anyone explored the world of the Julia-Sets further and can share some experiences or wants to have a look on them with me?

Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 07:24:34 PM »

Hello

My experience with Julia set is that they simply don't have anything more than the Mandelbrot.
I mean this for all abs variations of the Mandelbrot set, such as burning ship, Celtic, buffalo etc etc.
A Julia is simply a freezed path of the Mandelbrot seed, repeated infinitely and the variation comes only from the Mandelbrot seed. Of course you can make beautiful images in Julia, but they all exists in the Mandelbrot but are often just harder to find. Mainly because the Mandelbrot abs variations are hard skewed in many areas and needs to be unskewed in order to reveal the interesting spots.

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 08:09:20 PM »

we use hybridization technique here, think of it that on every iteration a whole different formula might be used or just some params varying

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
SamTiba
Safarist

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 08:27:49 PM »

Atleast for exploring the mandelbrot sets seem to be more interesting due to more variations in one set
But I still have a lot to find, I woudl've been a lot more far in coding everything if I found you earlier cheesy

Seems like you'll see me around here from now on, it'll be fun!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: