Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 03:23:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulber v2 - 2.08  (Read 16334 times)
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2016, 03:21:23 PM »

It is not there on mac. I see the progress bars but no indication of time remaining.
Here is a screenshot of the issue, in that example I just clicked on #2 but it stays on #1.
I have to stretch it about that far in order to see the entire slider.
The two matters, the one relative to the lack of indication of time on the progress bar and the one on the scroll area that is not scrollable like it should, appear only when the default mac skin is selected, otherwise there's no issue at all. Those troubles disappear when selecting another skin.
Strictly speaking the first is not a bug.

Macintosh widget style

Fusion style
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 03:49:10 PM by visual.bermarte » Logged
Starmute
Navigator

« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2016, 07:08:38 PM »

Bermarte, is it possible to switch the skin on your side (the compile side?) As I would prefer not to change my entire mac skin just to see the remaining time.

Edit: Sorry, I am a fool, I have found the program settings and changed the skin. smiley
Also, I have a few more bugs to report:

- Any light with intensity 0 causes all other lights to turn off.
- Any light with negative intensity causes image not to render at all. This is a serious problem when trying to interpolate light intensities using catmull-rom or akima.

Also - any updates on when new version of 2.08 will be released, with the ability to load 2.07 files (like the one I uploaded before?)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:43:10 PM by Starmute » Logged
Starmute
Navigator

« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2016, 10:15:58 PM »

Another bug to report, when main_mat1_coloring_speed and main_mat1_coloring_palette_offset are added into keyframes, they do not load properly upon loading a settings file. All I get are white boxes in place of actual numbers.
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2016, 11:54:35 AM »

This is an example of zooming in past the debris. Looks terrible when zoomed out, but you can get areas of excellent DE quality when zoomed in.   

* GenFldBx asa8.fract (1.03 KB - downloaded 257 times.)

* GenFldBx asa8 two.jpg (149.18 KB, 900x300 - viewed 192 times.)
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2016, 04:19:18 PM »

This annoying issue is somehow fixed too. Azn
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2016, 08:01:57 PM »

Another bug to report, when main_mat1_coloring_speed and main_mat1_coloring_palette_offset are added into keyframes, they do not load properly upon loading a settings file. All I get are white boxes in place of actual numbers.

I have already fixed this bug.
I'm going to release new packages for Linux and Windows today. I'm now sure when @bermarte will be able to release it for OSX. All known bugs for OSX are also fixed, so now it's only a packaging work.

Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2016, 10:51:31 PM »

Bug fixes are released for Linux and Windows. Mandelbulber 2.08-2 is ready for you.
Thanks to your very strong feedback there was possible to eliminate many problems and increase performance of application.
Mandelbulber 2.08-2 renders images even twice faster than 2.07 (speedup between 10 and 160%, depending on what is rendered). On my PC rendering time of default image is reduced from 2.6s to 1.1s.
Note: to get good performance under Linux there is recommended to call following command before compilation:
export CXXFLAGS="-march=native -msse2"
I have added this note because some people complain why Linux version is slower than for Windows. This command forces compiler to optimize application just for your computer.

New version can be downloaded as always from following locations:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelbulber/
https://github.com/buddhi1980/mandelbulber2

release 2.08-2 includes following changes:
- Settings: fixed bug: importing of old settings didn't worked properly when rotations in IFS fractals were used.
- Settings: fixed bug: loading old animations (lack of material conversion)
- UI: Fixed bug: Some sliders are jumping under Win 10. There is changed size policy for edit fields.
- UI: Corrected calculation of statistics
- Shaders: Corrected positioning of textures. Now position is calculated based on texture coordinates (before it was based on object coordinates)
- Shaders: Program crashed when texture scale was 0
- Fractals: corrected number of decimal places in spinboxes for IFS
- Fractals: Increased limit for maximum number of iterations to 99999
- NetRender: Fixed bug with loading textures from QByteArray when NetRender was used on different systems.
- Performance: optimized Random() function and usage of cLights::GetLight(). Speed increase about 10-40%
- OSX: fixed problem with missing text on progress bar
- Voxel export: fixed bug: slices was saved in parent folder of indicated folder.

Thank you all for very good support.

Starmute
Navigator

« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2016, 11:35:40 PM »

That is great, Buddhi. Now we just need the OSX version from Bermarte. smiley

Buddhi, what about this bug? Has it been fixed?
- Any light with negative intensity causes image not to render at all. This is a serious problem when trying to interpolate light intensities using catmull-rom or akima.
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2016, 11:05:06 AM »

Note: to get good performance under Linux there is recommended to call following command before compilation:
export CXXFLAGS="-march=native -msse2"

for people like me this means

go to Home directory,
open file   .bashrc    with a text editor
paste in           export CXXFLAGS="-march=native -msse2"
as the new last line in the file, and save

I have done some testing on about 20 old V2.07  setting files ,and  rendering for me was on average 3 times faster, the best was 5 times faster, on V2.08 after inserting the line of code..

Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2016, 11:28:58 AM »

Buddhi, what about this bug? Has it been fixed?

I have missed this error. That's why I recommended to use Github to report errors (https://github.com/buddhi1980/mandelbulber2/issues). On this site we have bug tracking.

I will fix this and release fix in few days.

zebastian
Conqueror

« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2016, 07:48:19 PM »

negative intensity should be prohibited in the first place (since it does not make sense)
that the other lights are not showing, when one light has 0 intensity is an issue to address...
Starmute
Navigator

« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2016, 08:20:59 PM »

negative intensity should be prohibited in the first place (since it does not make sense)
that the other lights are not showing, when one light has 0 intensity is an issue to address...
Correct, it should be prohibited, but it frequently happens anyways when using catmull-rom or akima interpolation (because they go over/under a bit.)
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2016, 08:36:59 PM »

Correct, it should be prohibited, but it frequently happens anyways when using catmull-rom or akima interpolation (because they go over/under a bit.)

I have already found the error and solution. I'm checking if 2.08-2 is working properly (and waiting for feedback). If won't be any new bugs reported then I will release 2.08-3 during the weekend.

Starmute
Navigator

« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2016, 10:07:33 PM »

I have already found the error and solution. I'm checking if 2.08-2 is working properly (and waiting for feedback). If won't be any new bugs reported then I will release 2.08-3 during the weekend.
Okay. Do you have any word yet from bermarte on when the OSX version will be available?
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2016, 01:08:47 PM »

Okay. Do you have any word yet from bermarte on when the OSX version will be available?
http://bit.ly/2aD15uy A Beer Cup
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: