Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 10:28:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb3D 1.9.0 OPEN BETA  (Read 10138 times)
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« on: December 19, 2015, 01:28:23 AM »

Hi all,
I just uploaded the final beta of MB3D 1.90 for open beta-testing, in order to find ugly bugs which occur on systems which were not already tested.

For a list of changes  see below.

If you find any bug or blocker, please report it here. If you are not a member of this forum and got the link from somebody else, please tell him to report your problem.

Please, do not send me email, personal messages etc., better let us collect all stuff here in this thread.

Please, do not report feature-requests, wishes or questions at this thread, because this BETA-testing phase is only intended to find bugs/blockers on configurations which were not already tested yet - it will already end at 23th December!

Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final changes which will make it into the release:

- Support for animated (height)maps! (Use the new "Map Sequences"-window in the Prefs-section to define them
  and to assign the sequence to a map channel)

- new MutaGen-module to easily explore new combinations of formulas and settings
   - four types of mutations:
       - add, remove, exchange formulas
       - modify params of formulas
       - modify Julia-mode
       - modify iteration count
   - in the UI you may turn on/off those types individually, by specifying a weight, and you may specify an additional
     strength-parameter
   - you may browse through the already generated generations of mutations and restart on interesting results
   - you may resize the window to alter the size of the generated thumbnail images
   - you may cancel/restart the mutation-process at any time (sometimes there occur combinations of parameters
     which may lead to "endless" calculations, in such cases it is helpful to be able to just restart)
   - WARNING: some formula-combinations may crash the program, so save often!
   - This is just the first version, e.g. interpolated functions are not supported yet!
   - Please note that it is intented that this module does not create ready-to-use artworks from scratch.
     It can only happen, when you put in well made parameters (whith everything what makes a great artwork),
     that the mutation will keep many of those properties, making it a nice artwork.
     Or in short: the better your input, the better the output.

- Navigator-size may now be altered (you must expand the right toolbar to see the "Navigator size" control),
  the last setting is stored to the ini-file

- Global rework of the UI, added theme-support, made "Glossy" the default theme

- Formula-Window:
    - exchanging of formulas now works in two directions

- integrated formula-editor for creating/editing JIT-compiled formulas (see the new buttons in the formula window)
   - support for MB3D's parameters and constants
   - preprocessor to deal with the parameter-handling code
   - backed by the commercial PaxCompiler
   - included support for about 50 mathematical functions
   - watch out for formulas with the prefix "JIT" for examples!

- Many new formulas from the community at fractalforums.com

- New Info-Section at the main window, which now has a button to reach the official bug-reporting tool
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the temporary link (which will also expire in a couple of days): http://www.andreas-maschke.de/java/tmp/Mandelbulb3Dv190FINALBETA.zip

Best regards,
Andreas
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:47:18 AM by thargor6 » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 01:37:45 AM »

wow, super nice! .... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand: i am first! cheesy

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 02:42:59 AM »

Quick pointer for some people: might need to reset initialization directories because they are set to Andreas's... cheesy

Thanks Andreas!!!

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 02:51:47 AM »

Mutagen is awesome!  Already have ideas about its use.  

First "bug" is that the navigator screen constantly flickers...  flickers while it's calculating.  Not constantly... and it's not enough to ruin the experience.  I bet on a faster machine it's not a problem.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:54:32 AM by M Benesi » Logged

1Bryan1
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 04:09:10 AM »

Mutagen is definitely awesome.

No issues loading and rendering 1.8.9 .m3i files.

Minor bug: Navigator Window > Show cords + Navigator Size change: the coordinate arrows are fixed at 1.8.9 position. These do not recentre themselves to the new window size.

Find 340+ more of my fractal art at http://1bryan1.deviantart.com/gallery/
chunkygravy
Alien

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 09:32:10 AM »

How do i use the heightmap image animation sequencer?
i started a new one begining with image 10 to 174 step incriment 1
i assume target map slot would be my first formula (or the first heightmap formula used)
saved and exited and it saved a cfg file with my settings.
now what do i do?

*Edit*
i see the frame slot at the bottom of the main window.

i still need to keyframe every frame slot?

also a note on screen flicker.
i set my view to 100% and restarted and it stopped.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:19:04 AM by chunkygravy » Logged
1Bryan1
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 10:04:25 AM »

And talking about Map Sequence: minor bug - you can set increment to 0 --> Division by zero error

Find 340+ more of my fractal art at http://1bryan1.deviantart.com/gallery/
ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 12:02:27 PM »

Ooh, fun! smiley

Tiniest possible, non-fatal bug: when I right-click on a mutation to use the 'send parameters to clipboard' feature, the final close-bracket on the title is missing.

Oh, and when I open the program, the beta warning popup gives me an error message when I click on 'OK': '24.12.2015 is not a valid date'. I guess that's some kind of locale issue -- my computer speaks ENG (UK) in Windows 10. Also, changing the theme pops up the beta warning again. But I guess debugging the beta-ness of the beta is not a high priority. wink
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:32:50 PM by ellarien » Logged
ericr
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 01:28:33 PM »

How do i use the heightmap image animation sequencer?

ERICR
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 02:02:35 PM »

hi there, just took a quick test of the mutagen feature - and all i can say is: WOW! this is really ultra smooth and enables a whole new world to explore easily
and the whole ui looks just fantastic!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 03:57:22 PM »

Yes a great release!

It would be nice to add, into the jit editor window, the informations about the members of PIteration3D. smiley

It crashed once, while searching for the formulas, but I couldn't reproduce it. After setting the directories, everything works smoothly.

Navigation in navigator window doesn't work as expected: some controls gives an error message box: " 'NavSlideStep' is not a valid integer value."(edit): Reuploaded It and now it works very well (except flickering).

To make a test on how fast the JIT is, here is attached the formula (IQ bulb simplified).
on an I3 processor (video preset):
JITed : 16s
Original: 9s
Not bad at all!

BTW!
One can already define constants inside the code. Also it is possible to add "helper" functions:
Code:
procedure MyFormula(var x, y, z, w: Double; PIteration3D: TPIteration3D);
const
   sq_2:double = 1.25;//a constant
var
   sq_r: double;
   sq_xz: double;
   r, theta, zangle: double;
begin
   sq_r := sqrt(x*x+y*y+z*z);
   sq_xz := sqrt(x*x+z*z);
   r:= power(sq_r, Power_);

theta := arctan2( sq_xz , y) * Power_;
   {This is true everywhere, because sq_r is >=0 ; atan2(a,b) differs from atan(a/b) when b<0
   I must use atan2 because 'acos' is missing in assembly.}
   zangle := arctan2(x,z)  * Power_;

x := sin(zangle)*sin(theta)*r+PIteration3D^.J1;
   y := cos(theta)            *r+PIteration3D^.J2;
   z := sin(theta)*cos(zangle)*r+sq_2+PIteration3D^.J3;//we used the constant
   z:=add1(z);//use the helper function
end;
//A helper function
function add1(x:double):double;
begin
add1:=x+1.;
end;

Repeating Zooming Self-Silimilar Thumb Up, by Craig

* JIT_IQ_Bulb.zip (0.51 KB - downloaded 179 times.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:53:21 PM by knighty » Logged
cyseal
Explorer

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 08:30:44 AM »

Thargor, thank you for MB3D.   cheesy thank you post swing
On AMD card with Crimson drivers there are  minor flickerings when rotating/translating the view in navigator.
Jakeukalane
Forums Newbie

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 01:53:28 PM »

Awesome work on here thargor cheesy

I don't know if these count as bugs or not, as they are only slightly off. Please, if this are not bugs, just tell me so, don't bashing me for saying it.

First: I tried this with WINE. It works without flaws cheesy Improved times and amazing mutation mode.

1. The initial directories don't grab the location of the program file like before.  (nothing that can't be solved in less than a minute, but maybe is important for final users).
2. Black lists. I don't know if it is WINE or is a more wide issue This is only a WINE issue: http://sta.sh/0hgb7mq3n1m

[3. Maybe is a feature, so if it is just ignore it: the buttons of the windows are at the right and not at the left of the windows. I don't know how can be changed. The previous M3D and also Jwildfire behaves under WINE with the buttons at the left, so WINE relocated correctly the buttons.]

Edit:
4. I tried to mutate some parameters and this message appears:

I think that there are some formulas with caps changed. When I look to the parameter selector it says (as in the message): Cayley2ifs. When I select from the program it say normally cayley2ifs so is a minor issue between versions.

Thank  you SO much for this Roy smiley
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:13:23 AM by Jakeukalane » Logged
chunkygravy
Alien

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 08:09:06 PM »

there is flickering  on diffuse color when sliding.

DsyneGrafix
Forums Freshman

https://www.facebook.com/
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 11:10:49 PM »

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Thanks a Million Andreas!!! We all appreciate your hard work!!!!

A Visual Artist of the Fractal Realm!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: