Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:56:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb3D 1.9.0 OPEN BETA  (Read 10619 times)
1Bryan1
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 12:02:43 AM »

Minor Look and feel bug with MutaGen window: if you resize the window - the red lines do not realign to the new generation windows until the Mutate! button is clicked and the mutations have completed.

Find 340+ more of my fractal art at http://1bryan1.deviantart.com/gallery/
1Bryan1
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 12:18:08 AM »

Medium severity bug: If you start rendering a fractal in the main window (Calculate 3D button clicked); then while that is still rendering - bring up the Mutagen window and Mutate! - the application terminates (no error message).

1Bryan1
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 05:07:31 AM »

Observation: Mutagen is not completing all mutations before completing. For example, of the 14 mutations - 9 images were generated, 5 images were blank / white.
This could be due to the selection of formula is too random - picking up formula that are not valid for the method (e.g. Difs when Alternate is the method) as I can see lots of "Error, formula option is not valid" messages.

cricke49
Alien

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 05:59:52 AM »

Andreas, i've been playing with new Mandelbulb3D for the last 2 hours, had a problem early on then fixed had a navigator screen flitter fixed it, everything seems to be working pretty good, so glad you put the Muta-Generator in it, it does give out some unique images, THANX AGAIN Andreas, you did an excellent job! w00t !!
chunkygravy
Alien

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 06:30:52 AM »

i would like to see the heightmap sequencer as an animation option.
with every subframe the heightmap should increase by increment.
that way i can zoom and move per keyframe and mb3d will iterate subframes with an average of movement rotation, etc and the heightmap will be increased by incriment automatically by subframe.

maybe im not using right or dont understand.

Dowser 22
Forums Newbie

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2015, 07:36:30 AM »

Thank you so very much, Andreas - now I have two favourite programs - and you've been central for each of them! I know what I will be doing this Christmas - working on your fabulous creations! I hope that you will be celebrating your accomplishments. Be well and deep gratitude! ~ Kathleen Farago May
blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2015, 09:03:13 AM »

I don't have previews after calculating in the mutagen dialog (I suppose I should).

I also have the '24.12.2015 is not a valid date' error message on start.
chunkygravy
Alien

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2015, 05:55:07 PM »

Medium severity bug: If you start rendering a fractal in the main window (Calculate 3D button clicked); then while that is still rendering - bring up the Mutagen window and Mutate! - the application terminates (no error message).

I recieved a popup saying i needed to stop main render first.
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2015, 11:01:09 PM »

i would like to see the heightmap sequencer as an animation option.
with every subframe the heightmap should increase by increment.
that way i can zoom and move per keyframe and mb3d will iterate subframes with an average of movement rotation, etc and the heightmap will be increased by incriment automatically by subframe.

maybe im not using right or dont understand.
I think, I do not understand exactly what do you mean (probably due to a language barrier), but it works as follows:
 - You define an image sequence by filename, start frame, end frame, loop setting and frame increment
 - You assign this sequence to a logical map channel (any number) you wish
 - You use this channel as map number in your fractal, e.g. as color map or heightmap

- Now you can preview the state at frame x by changing the frame number in the main view (this is just for test render, not for animating)
 - When you use this fractal in the animation window, the map will now be animated, i.e. at each frame of the animation the corresponding frame of the map will be calculated (accordingly to the settings you made) and the image-file will be loaded. If no image file is found it is asumed to be "black".

I hope this helps,
Andreas
Snicker02
Alien

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 01:42:20 AM »

Once the public release version I was planning on doing a video tutorial on how to use heightmaps with animations
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 01:56:06 AM »

Once the public release version I was planning on doing a video tutorial on how to use heightmaps with animations
Cool, thanks :-)
fractalgee
Forums Newbie

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 08:08:30 AM »

BETA Final does not work under wine. It starts after throwing an error that 24.12.2015 isn't a valid date, but once one hits one single control it hangs completely. The previous 1.90 beta did work fine. Something got very much broken in this update, but since wine fails to spit out a stacktrace I can't say more sadly. So no 1.9 for anyone not on windows I am afraid until this can be hunted down and fixed sad
Tabasco Raremaster
Iterator

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 08:33:03 AM »

Love it!
Ui is much better.
No bugs found till now.
No crashes.

http://tabasco-raremaster.deviantart.com/

If you dislike it press; Alt+F4
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »

BETA Final does not work under wine. It starts after throwing an error that 24.12.2015 isn't a valid date, but once one hits one single control it hangs completely. The previous 1.90 beta did work fine. Something got very much broken in this update, but since wine fails to spit out a stacktrace I can't say more sadly. So no 1.9 for anyone not on windows I am afraid until this can be hunted down and fixed sad

I havn't had time to do heavy testing, but it seems to work fine for me om Mac using slock's wrapper: http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/mandelbulb-3d-for-mac-!-%28with-updates-!%29/

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 12:30:38 PM »

i love the mutage window, as a starter already nicely working but my head explodes of possibilities for that:

mutagen
- the nice red lines are not scaling with the window
- scaling of content is nice, but behaviour when scaling and recalculation is confusing, especially when used on a huge 4k display wink
- fitness functions cheesy e.g. 2dimensional color difference for given input image ... smiley
- is there a way to define valid parameter ranges inside formulas ?
- some formula combinations make the program crash, did not record what formulas made the problems

formula view
- layered display of formulas would be nice instead of the tabbed view, especially empty formula tabs with followed tabs with formulas are very confusing

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: