Logo by haltenny - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 10:02:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Yet another new fractal... I think.  (Read 2868 times)
Description: Google neural network path dependent fractal generator.
fractower
Iterator

« on: July 12, 2015, 07:26:22 AM »

Hi All,

A philosophy podcast (space time mind) that I listen to recently talked about research blog post from Google.

http://googleresearch.blogspot.com/2015/06/inceptionism-going-deeper-into-neural.html?m=1

The blog post is about image processing neural networks and is quite interesting, but the final section discusses a zoom process that is familiar to the fractal community.

The feedback process is different. Most fractals I am familiar with are based on an algorithm and a position/viewpoint. How one arrives at the position/viewpoint is irrelevant. The iterative process described in the article is very much dependant on the previous zoom and crops.

Is this a true fractal? I don't know but would like to hear your feedback.

NOTE!!! It is my second hand understanding that many of the images in the blog post may call to mind recreational pharmaceutical experiences. Discussing such things is a violation of FF rules and will result in the topic being locked.
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 01:03:16 PM »

hi!
if you haven't already, check this thread:
http://www.fractalforums.com/fractal-news-across-the-world/turning-neural-networks-upside-down/

using a simple formula, feeding the output back into it over and over. though the formula is much more complex than e.g. z->z²+c, but it has to be, when you want to achieve high complexity within few iterations. and most pics have <100 iterations.
I definitely see this as a recursive process that is leading to images with very fractal properties.
I mean generating the last pic from your link out of noise and a training-set(=formula?) that is very small (it captures the essence of over 2million analyzed images in less than 50mb of data!)

but then again, I'm a "everything is fractal"-freak, so maybe I'm a little biased here wink

and regarding the drug-experience point: we had a short discussion and agree that it is ok to talk about this here in the forums.
as long as you don't promote or endorse drug use.
if someone steps over the line, we will give him the chance to edit a post before locking the whole thread.
just keep it clean and safe for kids

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: