Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractal Worlds - Mandelbulb 3D fractal slideshow in Ultra HD 4K 2160P  (Read 17449 times)
Description: A Mandelbulb 3D slideshow in Ultra HD
schizo
Iterator

« on: February 05, 2015, 10:55:43 PM »

A slideshow of my best Mandelbulb 3D images in a kicking 4K UHD Ultra High Definition resolution 3840 × 2160.

Best was the first comment at youtube:
"Pan-and-scan on rendered stills is pretty lame. Render a real video fly-through."
Well, I estimated a rendering time of 480 days shocked for a "real video fly-through" in Ultra HD with aliasing at that quality  nerd

All images are available in high resolution for download at my deviantART Channel:
http://schizo604.deviantart.com/

Enjoy fullscreen and at maximum resolution!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oeptU2e8_yQ?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1&amp;amp;hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/oeptU2e8_yQ?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1&amp;amp;hd=1</a>
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeptU2e8_yQ

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 11:05:46 PM »

haha, congrats, i am receiving a 4k display soon wink cant wait any longer

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 12:57:33 AM »

Well, I estimated a rendering time of 480 days shocked for a "real video fly-through" in Ultra HD with aliasing at that quality  nerd

grin  on that note, it would be cool to organize render teams to tackle such things  wink
schizo
Iterator

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 10:33:41 PM »

grin  on that note, it would be cool to organize render teams to tackle such things  wink

volunteers to the front!  wink
well cool idea. but then it still would need estimated the electrical energy like a family needs per year to calculate this cloud like.
think of the environment  hrmm

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 10:39:20 PM »

time will come, gpu hardware is cranked up right now, mandelbulber is the candidate for handling such

mb3d does not scale in any way, which is very sad because of the large formula collection

#remark
nevertheless, the forums now is 4k capable, 16mb image upload limit wink

---

brasnacte
Conqueror

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 09:36:29 PM »

mb3d does not scale in any way, which is very sad because of the large formula collection

Can you explain what you mean with it doesn't scale?
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 09:56:58 PM »

by scale i mean according to gpu power, it would scale by marginal multi processor cores, but regarding gpu capabilities which develop quite faster and with amazing capabilities mb3d does not scale efficiency with gpu capabilities

mb3d just scales with the processor (cores), but processors do not benefit from current parralelism benefits that gpus bring

---

Kalter Rauch
Iterator

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 08:31:19 PM »

Bump...

I got a 4K monitor recently,
so this video is a great test.

Yeah...it's psychedelic for sure !
1Bryan1
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 11:55:21 AM »

Can you explain what you mean with it doesn't scale?

As cKleinhuis mentioned - MB3D is CPU processor based and therefore CPU constrained (GPU has little impact).

A cloud farm (like google compute) can help as you can fire up as many servers as you can afford.
MB3D worked well when I burnt thru my free credit on google compute.

Find 340+ more of my fractal art at http://1bryan1.deviantart.com/gallery/
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: