Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 07:35:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: fractalfoundation - FullDome Planetarium Premiere on 1st of May  (Read 2558 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: April 08, 2015, 02:38:50 AM »

user kali just informed me that he worked together with some other dudes (eiffie, marius) with the "fractalfoundation"  - the fractalfoundation is responsible for displaying fractal movies on an event called "fractal fridays" in the local observatorium/planetarium, this has been going on since more than 5 years by now
http://fractalfoundation.org/

and here is what is planned for 1st of may 2015:

"Teaser trailer for the upcoming fulldome film "Once and Future Cities". Premiering May 1st 2015 at the Gottlieb Planetarium in Kansas City, Missouri. All proceeds to benefit "After the Harvest" (aftertheharvestkc.org)"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vaeWbfohoV8&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/vaeWbfohoV8&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

afro

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 06:40:37 AM »

I have to add this project is by Bentley Ousley, he asked me to make some adjustments to some of my Shadertoys entries and I made one original shader for this. Bentley is a very nice person and artist, and it was a pleasure to collaborate with him. AFAIK, it will feature also some of the great eiffie's works, scenes from Kalibox Mandelbox mod, and some other great shadertoys like Inigo Quilez's shader as we can see in the last scene of the trailer. eiffie as always was very helpful with me and made most of the hard coding work haha smiley - as well as marius, I had no contact with him but I know he has graciously adapted the Boxplorer2 app to easily render the output needed to create fulldome content.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:59:53 PM by Kali » Logged

surrealista1
Navigator

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 06:47:27 AM »

this looks great
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 06:49:32 AM »

Impressive teaser trailer  afro
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »

Phenominal Kali and crew, the trailer looks fantastic, you should see if you could get it to travel to other planetariums
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »

yes yes yes that definitely needs to go on tour afro

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
eiffie
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 03:56:04 PM »

It was fun helping out and yes I want to see it in a planetarium near me!
One tricky part was converting reinder's Tokyo so that the rain was 3d. I hope it looks nice falling on the dome.
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 09:54:56 PM »

@eiffe: Hope you won't be sued for making people wet and ruinning some of the their electronic devices with that rain!  grin
It was awesome working with you as always. I owe you my soul as you requested but please wait while I'm using it! haha

@LMarkoya: Buenos Aires planetarium is only 80km from here... I should aim at it at some point smiley

knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 10:30:45 PM »

Wow
Very very very good work!
bentleyousley
Forums Newbie

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 08:50:00 AM »

It was fun helping out and yes I want to see it in a planetarium near me!
One tricky part was converting reinder's Tokyo so that the rain was 3d. I hope it looks nice falling on the dome.

Eiffie, Your 3D rain looks wonderful on the dome! I hosted a focus group for the film tonight at the Gottlieb and one of the comment cards read "the rain effect was so convincing, I found myself wanting an umbrella".

I can't thank you all enough for the kindness and generousity you've shown in helping to put this film together. When I see these images on the Gottlieb dome, I can't help but think that a large planetarium dome is where this work deserves to be shown! I was testing the fulldome version of Kali's great work 'Generators' yesterday and the illusion of being in the middle of this fractal is truly amazing! Having those columns all around you and looking straight-up to what appears to be a ceiling 25 meters above you: I hope all of you have a chance to experience this!

It would be great to have the show visit other planetariums and I would especially like to enable Eiffie and Kali to view the show at thier local planetariums. Perhaps we can find a way to make that happen.

If any of you are interested in becoming involved, I'm looking to replace a generic mandelbox fractal (that is currently used in the film) with something else.

Here is the music track:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/czlzv3d1bbsuygx/07_OaFC.mp3?dl=0

I'm looking for something that suggests flight, great expanse, grandier and adventure.

Shoot me an email if you have an idea you would like to share.

bentleyousley (at) gmail (dot) com

Thank you!

-Bentley Ousley

Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 01:28:38 PM »

"the rain effect was so convincing, I found myself wanting an umbrella".

Wow! I told you effie... thanks god you didn't make a 3D fire effect for this... I imagine the audience running away in panic haha  A Beer Cup

LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 01:26:56 PM »

This sounds amazing, I would LOVE to see it, a few months ago I pitched making a 3d fractal show for a local planetarium, but I am not sure they really grasped the project at all.....makes me want to go back and repitch
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 04:23:30 PM »

WOW, I hope it will come to the Tycho Brahe Planetarium in Copenhagen, so that I can see it!
Great work guys!!!  A Beer Cup

bentleyousley
Forums Newbie

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 05:55:50 PM »

If anyone is near Jena, Germany on May 28th ...

https://www.facebook.com/fulldomefestival/photos/a.282518028445867.74611.216689971695340/1181905261840468/?type=3&theater

A feature about the film on the PBS series SciTech Now:

http://www.scitechnow.org/videos/scitech-now-episode-215/#

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 06:55:30 PM »

wow, thanks for the information, i certainly will try to get that into my view!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: