Logo by Dinkydau - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 01:20:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: updating of DE-Raytracer  (Read 37855 times)
Description: adding features in DE-raytracer: volumetric light, kaliset3d, clouds...
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2015, 02:41:27 AM »

mmmmmm yum yum shadey shaders, very nice to see some activity on this front wink  you guys continue to amaze!

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2015, 08:32:26 AM »

Like Knightys God rays shining down.

Some what similar to fogs and cloud. On my wish list is "blocks of fog" that can be positioned in various places within the image. With colour, shape, rotation and density controls and edge thinning.

The ultimate would be wisps, but that might be a bit difficult.

Placement of localised fog would be nice in some still images BUT in animation having fog forming and/or moving would be really cool.

I imagine moving ground fog (groundfog day, lol), fog parting as you zoom in, a ring of fog placed half way up a fractal tower, fog appearing in the shape of a pyramid with an internal light then it spins out of view, wispy fog crossing the moon, the sun rising above a fog layer, fog primitive shapes joined to construct a giant Bart Simpson, tubes of coloured fog, fog visualisation of the animation spline, a coloured fog rainbow etc .   Ahhh,  my imagination is only limited by current my inability.  smiley

But just a single movable block of fog would be interesting.

And then there are spotlights, lasers and particle beams  smiley
eiffie
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2015, 04:31:57 PM »

Not to complicate things for knighty but it would be cool (and his code is setup well to work this way) if there was a "providesFog" switch that would let the user implement their own fog which would return a color and occlusion from point P1 to P2. That way options can be explored with out messing up the nice code base.
Each type of fog can be an include file.
But then nobody uses the providesNormal switch so... just a thought.
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2015, 09:27:20 AM »

With fog being generated as the inside volume of a primitive shape, a torus could produce cool smoke rings coming out of a shadertoy locomotive. Rocking on down the line  in La La Land as the generated clouds float by, and then the particle generator mimics rain, followed by the appearance of a  of a rainbow from several coloured half fog toruses (now what is the plural for torus, tori?)

Ahhh, the possibilities are infinite, but unfortunately I just checked out my warehouse, and as I suspected, it seems I'm running low on ability.  Lord only knows when the next shipment will arrive, if it ever does! cheesy

knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2015, 08:03:30 PM »

@eiffie:
You are right. We have to find a way to organize the different effects and allow for constructing a renderer from basic blocs. This is not a priority now. Such things are more diffucult than what they appear and need some thinking.
BTW! you last shadertoy entry is awesome! smiley

@mclarekin:
Not really everything is possible to do in fragmentarium  sad (at least at interactive rates) but many things are wink
My dream is that fragmentarium allows for multiple output buffers, chained (or better a graph of) buffer shaders, scripted uniforms/parameters, geometry and compute shaders...

@ChrisJRodgers: Where are you? I hope you haven't burned your PC.
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2015, 04:47:10 AM »

Sorry, a lot of work and had no time. I'll try your new update today...
upd:
Okay I get it ) First render with new god-rays effect. Didn't expected but it's very quickly shocked  Fantastic light  happy Knighty, I am grateful for your work!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 09:19:52 PM by Crist-JRoger » Logged

knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2015, 07:35:59 PM »

Wow Smiling Mandelbrot

Another update: With colored reflexion and fog and much less black dots.

* poison.jpg (19.66 KB, 640x480 - viewed 323 times.)

* mist.jpg (15.96 KB, 512x512 - viewed 316 times.)
eiffie
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2015, 07:40:59 PM »

I need to go play with this right now! Thanks knighty.
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2015, 07:52:35 PM »

grin
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2015, 10:37:00 PM »

shocked Niiiiiiice   joy love

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2015, 11:35:22 PM »

Awesomeness has surpassed the bailout! cheesy

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2015, 12:53:05 PM »

Wow, thanks God I found this thread!

Great work, guys!

Have to check all the posts I missed in my absence  cry

SCORPION
Conqueror

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2015, 02:29:55 PM »

Kali, now's your raytracer option is needed to surround the light!
http://www.fractalforums.com/fragmentarium-gallery/bad-memories/
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2015, 03:05:50 PM »

Kali, now's your raytracer option is needed to surround the light!
http://www.fractalforums.com/fragmentarium-gallery/bad-memories/

Hehe... that implementation was so lame and sloooow that I don't think it deserves a place here after looking at such great results!

But I have a yet unpolished Fragmentarium script based on eiffie's implementation of some papers knighty pointed out, for a very fast volumetric option using the backbuffer.

I don't remember well but it has a nasty bug I never fixed. Also the quality is not that great but it's good for some really fast volumetric effects.

Maybe that .frag exists already somewhere and I also missed it? eiffie used this technique here I think, using his rendering tool:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pY2PXQtoPOQ&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/pY2PXQtoPOQ&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

(damn, I love that video)

eiffie
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2015, 04:30:32 PM »

I think there was a bug in the way I defined the 360 camera (the first pass from the light's perspective) but with all the geometry it is hard to tell.
It is fast though! Here is a real-time example of a similar technique (if you have a fast GPU).
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/lls3Wf
... and thanks to Knighty for that paper (I never understood but had pretty pictures)!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: