Logo by Kaliyuga - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 11:16:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Burn the ship down  (Read 1927 times)
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« on: January 05, 2015, 06:24:12 PM »

You will all be seeing a bit more of me now that i finally got some new hardware smiley I rendered a simple deep zoom into the burning ship fractal. anti aliased x4. I hope you all like it.
Audio is "Ultra Deep Field" by Stellardrone (http://stellardrone.mymusicstream.com/)

If you are using chrome the video will play @ 60fps at 720p and 1080p resolutions!! (you may need to view the video on the youtube page)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/G39sHbx_daI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/G39sHbx_daI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:14:22 PM by teamfresh » Logged

Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:31:15 AM »

It is great! smiley

How deep is it and how long time did it take to render?

Thanks to the collaborations on this forum, great progress have been made also with the abs-mandelbrot variants like the Burning Ship.
Knighty came up with a set of conditions to be used on nestled abs formulas, which makes it possible to render them with perturbation, resulting in magnitudes of speed-up.
These fractals are often very skewed, and I have in Kalles Fraktaler made a function to "un-skew" them, from the source instead of post-processing images, so that no information is lost. This reveals beautiful patterns that are otherwise inaccessible.

And please don't misunderstand my enthusiasm. I think your work with 2D fractals are of the greatest ever!

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »

It is great! smiley

How deep is it and how long time did it take to render?

Thanks to the collaborations on this forum, great progress have been made also with the abs-mandelbrot variants like the Burning Ship.
Knighty came up with a set of conditions to be used on nestled abs formulas, which makes it possible to render them with perturbation, resulting in magnitudes of speed-up.
These fractals are often very skewed, and I have in Kalles Fraktaler made a function to "un-skew" them, from the source instead of post-processing images, so that no information is lost. This reveals beautiful patterns that are otherwise inaccessible.

And please don't misunderstand my enthusiasm. I think your work with 2D fractals are of the greatest ever!
Thanks smiley the depth of this animation is aprox e52 and was rendered @ 1920 x 1080 with x4 anti aliasing. It took less than a day to render the whole thing although i couldn't say exactly how long as I was out for most of the day - when I got back the render had finished already smiley

I must tell you that I have downloaded the Kalles software and although I have not produced anything epic to upload with it yet I have had a good play around with it, and created a few test animations to see what it is like and what it can do and I am very impressed smiley For sure I will be writing up a review of the software and publishing it in my blog soon. I will also be publishing benchmark results from my machine for fractal renders as soon as I have my format worked out and I will include your software in these so that my readers can see just how quick your algorithms are. I also look forward to producing an animation with the Kalles software that is worthy of upload and posting it to youtube very soon. OF course when I do I will post it in this "rate my movie" section also. thank you for all the effort you put in to create the software, I am sure that as well as I, many people out there will be grateful for the efforts you make.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: