Logo by haltenny - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 02:06:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: new, inspired and already having probllems opening new version  (Read 1266 times)
Description: new, inspired and already having probllems opening new version
SNAKEBITE
Forums Newbie

« on: August 24, 2014, 07:58:16 AM »

I actually joined a few months ago but took me this long to even get something going. The results are breath taking and make me so inspired that I can create worlds dynamically and then be able to tweak. I have 22 years experience as what they call professional artist. yes, they call it that. who they are, I dunno.

I'll leave a link to my website if you're interested in learning more about what I have done.

I have been working with the 1.6 version...I think...its older I know that much. The tutorials I'm finding are usually geared towards the 1.8.9.1 version and got  great link from someone to download it...Even had a patient gentleman walk me through the second download because I couldn't get the render or navigator window to open. Just the lighting a formulas windows...Second download the same problem. I did a repair permissions to see if that works but to be real, thats where my knowledge stops with such things. I always gotta call me IT buddies. I don't think less of me, but I'm more creative side...I'm working on learning more but hot damn you tech minded and creative folk impress the hell out of me....

So I'm really excited to explore more and refine my mission using these new applications. If anyone could help me problem solve why it won't load properly I'm eager to get back to these tutorials and engage in a conversation with a more knowledge under my belt so I won't insult anyone with my amateur questions..

thanks for this awesome community, webmaster and much appreciation for this awesome program!!!

Snakebite Cortez
www.snakebitecortez.com
SNAKEBITE
Forums Newbie

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 08:22:20 AM »

and I'm running on a iMac 10.6.8 Intell i5 

thanks for your time and space!!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 10:11:55 AM »

hello and welcome to the forums, lol you did not mention the name of the prog, i guess you talk about mandelbulb3d

i know many people let it run in a mac environment, but i cant give any tips on that

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
SNAKEBITE
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 11:00:25 AM »

OH man, that was slow of me.

YES Mandelbulb3D! just downloaded it and and tried it a couple times, trashing and then re loading it. I can never get more than lighting and formulas. I'm quite sad and make this face sad

Still plucking and guessing with the older version. But the new interface looks so agreeable and lots of tutorials.

Thanks for your response!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 11:13:05 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

I ran MB3D on my Mac when it was still working, but I used 10.5 OS and never upgraded because 10.6 broke too many programs I could not be without.  I used Crossover, which is a paid and more powerful version of WINE.

But I only ever had troubles with the formulas and lighting and other windows which had to be set in the "Initial Directories" tab so the program knew where to look for them.  You seem to be having trouble with core features like the Navigator, which I can't imagine any reason for failing except a corrupt download  (what is the render window?  Isn't that the main window of the entire program?)

I'd suggest resetting the Initial Directories and if that fails, try comparing the file size of the downloaded file with the listed file size to be sure it's uncorrupted and complete.

If that fails, a screenshot of what actually does load may help understand the problem better.

Hope that helps and good luck with it!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
SNAKEBITE
Forums Newbie

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 11:47:13 PM »

thank you so much for taking the time to help me problem solve! I'm really having a blast with the older version and can't wait to have the newer more intuitive control panel at my disposal.
I'll try what you suggest and post screen shots.

thanks again!!!!!
SNAKEBITE
Forums Newbie

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 11:58:27 PM »

ok, now I'm starting to sound like a total noob but I can't find the "INI" tab to reset directories as directed in the readme installation guide.
the size of the download file is the same. here's a screen shot of what I get.

lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 05:58:57 AM »

Main Window, top left....Animation and Nav Buttons then Tabs Open-Save-Save pic-Utilities- INI...........click INI, click Initial Directories and select the Folders where your MB3D related Files are located then Save and Exit and you are all set

* INI.jpg (144.51 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 496 times.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:04:33 AM by lenord » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 09:54:23 AM »

Main Window, top left....Animation and Nav Buttons then Tabs Open-Save-Save pic-Utilities- INI...........click INI, click Initial Directories and select the Folders where your MB3D related Files are located then Save and Exit and you are all set

Judging from the screenshot, it looks like the main window is not loading   huh?

Never saw that before.

Nor can I imagine what may be causing it!

Are you running it under WINE or some other emulator?

If not, how are you running it?

This one has me confused too...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
SNAKEBITE
Forums Newbie

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 03:11:42 AM »

Sorry for slow response. Thanks for yours!

So I'm just running it on OSX 10.6 ...still been pluggin away with Mandelbulber bin but man can't wait to get the new version running correctly.

Do you have another way I can download it. I tried to find other downloads but only found folder updates that didn't have the program in it.... the three times
I tried I tried from the same source... thanks!!
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 08:32:28 AM »

Sorry for slow response. Thanks for yours!

So I'm just running it on OSX 10.6 ...still been pluggin away with Mandelbulber bin but man can't wait to get the new version running correctly.

Do you have another way I can download it. I tried to find other downloads but only found folder updates that didn't have the program in it.... the three times
I tried I tried from the same source... thanks!!

Have you tried Slock´s wrapped version? http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/mandelbulb-3d-for-mac-!-(with-updates-!)/15/
(Link to latest in his reply #18)

SNAKEBITE
Forums Newbie

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 12:29:06 AM »

Thanks! so I downloaded that and here's a screen shot of what I get. I don't see the actual application. Maybe I'm missing something.
thanks for still being with me guys! Appreciate your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: