Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 05:00:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: CALL FOR FRACTAL ART WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT CREW  (Read 2348 times)
Description: community publishing website
Saquedon
Conqueror

saquedon Saquedon saquedon
« on: May 16, 2014, 07:36:14 PM »

I am interested in setting up a community website for fractal artists and enthusiasts.

I can run a server here in as virtual machine for starters. However my own knowledge of web development is limited, but i do think i know how such a site should look and am looking for people with some more advanced webdev/programming and linux skills (i don't mean just putting up wordpress with a theme, i can do that). Although some people with professional experience designing graphics for the web would be welcome as well.

My own role would be general managing the development and maintaining the server itself.

The aim is to provide the fractal community with the tools to exchange and rate their work, to provide a means for more serious artists to promote and sell their art, to promote fractals and generative art to a worldwide community.

It is not meant as an competitor to Fractalforums, but as a more visual publication/promotion platform.

I am thinking linux based sever (Ubuntu server or similar), Nginx webserver (for dealing with high traffic), Wordpress or CMS system (depending on available skills).

I also have my own large format art printer (17") and perhaps we can give away some prints in exchange for contributions and or winning rated artworks from time to time.

Please if you have the time and skills leave me a message here or on FB (Saquedon Art) with what you can do and how you can help (please no random enthusiasm messages) or send me an email saquedon@gmail and maybe we can make this work.

I first want to gather up interested parties and then discuss how it is best to proceed based on what we can do and requirements for such a website.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: