Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 08:51:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: fractal software  (Read 6023 times)
troutscout
Forums Newbie

« on: March 31, 2014, 03:54:09 AM »

Hello, I'm troutscout. I'm new here. And I'm interested in learning how to make fractals. So I purchased and downloaded the fractal extreme software. I want to make fractals using some of my photos. But when I try to open a photo I get a message that says can't load file. File is corrupt or the wrong type. Does anyone know how I can remedy this problem? I would really appreciate any help. Thank you
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:39:57 AM »

Hello and welcome
 I've never used Fractal Extreme , but I know that some programmes are limited to what file types they can upload, like only jpg or only bmp. Which can be a pain when you can only upload jpg quality. I always merge or layers photos with fractals by using transparent alpha channel pngs  in third party software like Paint.Net or Gimp.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 11:53:39 AM »

Hello, I'm troutscout. I'm new here. And I'm interested in learning how to make fractals. So I purchased and downloaded the fractal extreme software. I want to make fractals using some of my photos. But when I try to open a photo I get a message that says can't load file. File is corrupt or the wrong type. Does anyone know how I can remedy this problem? I would really appreciate any help. Thank you

Hello and welcome again!   afro

Making Fractalled Photos is one of my favorite pass times, and what drew me to fractals in the first place.

I also never used Fractal Extreme, so am not sure how it works for that.

In my experience the single easiest program I ever found to make this sort of thing is a bit old, unstable, and never made it out of Beta...  but I still use it a lot more than most people would think sane given all the new stuffs out there.

It's called Mutatorkammer, made by our Admin long ago - but still available in our Downloads section.  It runs best on older systems, if you don't have an older system - run in "Compatibility Mode" for Windows XP to get maximum stability.

Here's one of my favorite examples, using an image of my Beloved   embarrass

If that's the sort of thing you want to do, it is very easy in Mutatorkammer - get it here : http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=9
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:55:51 AM by Sockratease, Reason: Speelinf Eroorz » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
panzerboy
Fractal Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 12:05:28 PM »

Fractal Extreme was designed for the rapid exploration of Mandelbrot and Julia sets.
Fractal Extreme only loads it's own .fx files.
These contain location parameters, palette and mapping, a BMP image of the fractal and optionally the iterations that generated the image.
It can generate .fxz zoom movie files , these are read by a companion zoom movie player program.
Fractal Extreme has been the fastest mandelbrot fractal generator for 15 years.
It has recently been beaten by programs such as Super Fractal Thing, Kalles Fraktaler and  Mandel Machine.
Fractal Extreme allows plugins to be written in MS Visual C++, I've written a few and so has Simon Snake.
The newer programs haven't (yet) dealt with anything other than standard mandelbrots (even Julias!) so FX remains quickest for Julias, Burning Ships and other simple escape time fractals.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: