Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 06:30:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: rendering a deep zoom movie on fractal extreme  (Read 890 times)
roy123
Forums Newbie

« on: July 12, 2013, 04:59:16 PM »

I have been trying for some time to complete the rendering of a movie that has about 1225 zooms at about 122,000 iterations.  The problem is unintended reboots of the computer which of course stops the rendering process.  The longest I have made it so far was about 7 days.   At that time about 4/5 of the frames had been redered but by that time each frame was taking several hours.  (my computer is a 3.4 GHZ with many bells and whistles)  Can the rendering be continued after an interruption and then the parts sewn together for playback?
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »

Yes, you can finish the video. You can't exactly resume the render, but the frames that are already rendered are not lost, and you can render the missing frames in a separate file. Make sure fractal extreme is "advanced". Go to file -> preferences, tick the box next to "advanced" if needed. To render the rest of the video, first open the incomplete zoom movie file and find the maximum zoom level that it has rendered. Then go to fractal extreme and open the file with the final location of your video. Make sure you use the exact same settings as your unfinished render. Again make a zoom movie, and when it asks from which zoom level to start rendering, fill in the maximum zoom level of the unfinished file. Important: be careful NOT to use the same file name as the incomplete render! Fractal extreme overwrites files without asking!! When the rendering is done, you will have two zoom video files. You can combine the output of the two in video editing software.

roy123
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 08:39:17 PM »

Thanks!  Any suggestions on a video editing program that I could use to do this - preferably cheap  embarrass
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »

Since fractal extreme is rendering the movies zooming deeper and deeper, I guess 4/5 done means 9/10 of the time remains...?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:43:04 PM by Kalles Fraktaler » Logged

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 08:44:03 PM »

Thanks!  Any suggestions on a video editing program that I could use to do this - preferably cheap  embarrass
Microsoft movie maker is free to my knowledge

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: