Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:04:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Square Bob Sponge Pants  (Read 3326 times)
Description: Lovely smooth shaded mandelbrot image
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: March 26, 2013, 08:46:12 AM »

Here I present a Fractal eXtreme generated image that took over 11 hours.  I generated it at 3840x2160 (twice the resolution of a 1080p resolution in both axes), then used an old version of Paint Shop Pro (version 5) to smart resize the image.  The image displayed below is at 960x540 (half of 1080p resolution) so effectively has 4xAA, and clicking www.needanother.co.uk/uploads/Square_Bob_Sponge_Pants_(2xAA).png will show the 2xAA version (which is at 1080p resolution).

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 08:48:30 AM by simon.snake » Logged

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 03:07:33 PM »

I wonder, should I continue diving deeper into this location? Looks promising to me, but what do you guys think?

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 03:11:16 PM »

i like the geometrical parts of the m-set, like in the middle of this picture you see a square like structure, basically your image already is a square spiral collection somehow i am fascinated by the geometric parts that occur in the mset, so, simple answer: dont ask, try cheesy or are you afraid of the waiting times ?!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 03:21:49 PM »

My only issue is with the high iterations to get a good picture using the smooth colouring plugin from panzerboy, and the length of time my poor laptop has to spend getting hot.

It's an HP G70 which are notorious for having an under specified cooling system...

Might just do some at a lower resolution until we get more interesting areas to show in a larger resolution.

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »

In the centre the iteration count goes up to 2,308,394 and this image had 4,027,988,421 iterations!

Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 06:36:13 AM »

Nice square

Blace
Forums Freshman

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 07:20:23 AM »

I really like they way the square formed in the middle of this image and looks to be woven. I appreciate the high resolution so it's possible to zoom in deeper into the image. I did my own take on SBSP a while back and it's currently the one that I use for my avatar. Take a look here sometime if you're interested in checking out, but be warned it's huge I used this to print out a poster, 10800 × 7200:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/blazinglace/images/gallery/SichiboHuge.png
I hope you enjoy it, I made it with fr0st a while back and it was one of my first attempts rendering a larger image in separate slices.
panzerboy
Fractal Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 07:41:39 AM »

The smooth colouring doesnt actually do 4,027,988,421 iterations.
It would actually be 15,734,329  and two extra iterations at +128 bits precision.
The smooth colouring plugin lies to Fractal Extreme telling it has 256 times more iterations than it really has.
That way Fractal Extreme can smoothly colour the 255 fake iteration values in-between.

Most of the extra slowness is because plugins just dont seem to work as fast as Fractal Extreme built-in fractals.
Rendering a standard mandelbrot took 44.9 seconds, using the Sample Plugin code Bruce Dawson (Cygnus Software) supplies
it took 3:19.5.
Using the smooth colouring plugin but keeping the maximum iterations low so smooth colouring wasnt activated took 3:22.
Full smooth colouring took 3:48.4.
I suspect theres some fast assembler code in the standard mandelbrot, the Sample Plugin and all my plugins based on that are c++ code.

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 11:50:38 PM »

Might be worth putting the coordinates of this image here so Kalles Fraktaler can have a go at a zoom movie.

Anyway, thought I'd update this thread with a few new images (the first two have been around for a few months, just noticed them and it re-ignited my interest in this fractal).

Here's the next one in the series:

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 09:52:33 AM »

Might be worth putting the coordinates of this image here so Kalles Fraktaler can have a go at a zoom movie.
    Anyway, thought I'd update this thread with a few new images (the first two have been around for a few months,
    just noticed them and it re-ignited my interest in this fractal).
            http://www.needanother.co.uk/uploads/Square Bob Sponge Pants 002.png

Though this one is a nice image, I really like the initial one you started the topic off with much better.     cheesy

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 12:10:50 AM »

These first few images weren't generated with AA turned on, but soon they will be and they are more impressive.

You'll just have to wait with baited breath.

You'll notice I've been playing with palette files, so expect some alternative colour schemes as the series goes on.

Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 07:16:00 AM »

Yes it is a very nice location! The first one is like a spider web. And if you divide the 11 hours with some 70 you can have an idea of the time required with psa smiley (pertubation + series approximation)

So please give the location parameters, or you can do the animation your self smiley

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 09:33:20 AM »

I could do the animation myself, but yours are so lovely wink

Here's the coordinates:

Code:
Real: +0.289,199,602,778,807,273,914,433,183,453,630,258,106,517,764,019,411,912,794,248,7
Imag: +0.013,330,640,338,607,090,494,070,867,633,059,308,568,057,760,832,537,371,224,368,9

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 11:32:04 PM »

Number 4 in the series:

Still no AA, and even though it's quite busy the colours are a bit too vibrant.  Better images will appear in this series as time goes on.

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 11:20:55 PM »

On to number 5:

We've zoomed in to the centre of the previous image (and the palette has changed).

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: