Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 11:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: [ENGLISH] chaosTV History #1 - The Story of the Fractalforums and the Mandelbulb  (Read 11666 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: February 03, 2013, 01:18:18 PM »

I am happy to announce the first official history issue of the chaosTV channel, with the now fourth character
the series is finally set up, enjoy "the pope of fractals and the priest of chaos"

embarrass

EDIT: EXCHANGED VIDEO TO A VARIANT WITHOUT CLERICAL NAME!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PmZ3vV418yA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/PmZ3vV418yA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 09:46:20 AM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 05:57:27 PM »

my 2c:

1. Again it's not really a good look for Fractal Forums, or for you lips are sealed Really, the fractal pope? Gonna help some other fractalists molest children and deny women contraception?  shocked

2. I'm pretty sure there was a lot of FF history before 2008, before it became an image blog and while there was a lot of fractal programming collaboration ...

edit: forgot point 3: Isn't it kinda unsafe to be lighting fireworks indoors?  shocked
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 06:04:44 PM by lycium » Logged

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 06:04:22 PM »

ehr, thank you for commenting ?

to 1
the series is about "made up characters" their main purpose is to give a setting to build the issues on, this is experimental, but exactly how it was planned years ago sad

to 2
... more stories will be told, anything that exceeds 1 minute long youtube videos are considered as "too long" so, keep it short and simple....

3. ...

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 06:20:57 PM »

ah, i got it, you mean the catholic pope problematic nowadays, pope is a catholic word then ?! hmm, be assured, no catholic influences in here!
arrh, so what shall i do about it ?! cut it out !? argh, it was meant as clerical head of something, i am unsure if i did something bad there, what do others think about it ?!

---

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 09:07:50 PM »

2. I'm pretty sure there was a lot of FF history before 2008, before it became an image blog...

sounds like an eulogy on the good old days... you can't prevent the world from turning - in good and in bad.

for the rest I share lyciums criticism. You should more focus on fluent and correct speech instead of creating ambiguous messages or characters. Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Muslims, Atheists or even Christs will be rather disapointed of the show.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 10:59:11 PM »

ok ok, got it, i removed the naming parts from the videos, they will be available tomorrow evening, any comments about the content ?!?!?!? huh? sad

---

taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 05:43:05 AM »

any comments about the content ?!?!?!? huh? sad

I like it, but I'm a "late" member, joining after the big bang of 3d fractals. Maybe mentioning the amazing box as part of that revolution would be good. The bulb was the first, ok, but its meaning for artistic use of 3d fractals is rather small today. When you look at hybrid generations today, most of them base on the amazing box...

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 09:33:01 AM »

hey, the title of the issue was not "complete history of everything" it was just short history of the forums, this part of the show is dedicated for kinda story telling, and lycium wouldnt you agree that this story is somehow neat and shall be told ?! the mandelbulb is simply the reason we became popular here, i am unsure what kind of stories i can tell in the future, i was more thinking of "lorenz weather prediction" "the hunt for triplex number systems and the fail with the quaternions" or stay internal in the forums, but pretty unsure if/when suggestions welcome though ....

---

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 01:33:15 PM »

I like the silly characters!   alien  clown Elvis Presley bubble gum ugly

Maybe try a generic Mathemagician instead of anything recognizable which may be controversial?

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 02:48:24 PM »

I like the silly characters!   alien  clown Elvis Presley bubble gum ugly

Maybe try a generic Mathemagician instead of anything recognizable which may be controversial?

thank you wink what a relief, at least one positive response...., the "naming parts" are beeing cutted out, the latin language
in the beginning stays there, it meaning is "deep clear insight, new worlds"

---

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 03:13:18 PM »

I like it, but I'm a "late" member, joining after the big bang of 3d fractals. Maybe mentioning the amazing box as part of that revolution would be good. The bulb was the first, ok, but its meaning for artistic use of 3d fractals is rather small today. When you look at hybrid generations today, most of them base on the amazing box...

IMO most folks are making a mistake in not using the Mandelbulb/Juliabulb type formulas more extensively - hardly any of those often used involving complex numbers for 2D have been converted to triplex yet - and here I'm not including awkward ones that use higher functions wink

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 04:14:03 PM »

...at least one positive response...
Which part of I-LIKE-IT did you not understand wink

ah, sorry, did not get this wink what about the speaking, you said concentrate on the speaking, but i am unsure if that means speaking was better/worse than before ... smiley
 huh?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:19:17 PM by cKleinhuis » Logged

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »

@ cK I think you edited taurus66's post instead of replying, whoops...

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 08:46:35 PM »

indeed, whoopsie dasies, sorry for that, i think i need some days off, and take a good swimming ....

---

taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 10:11:57 PM »

indeed, whoopsie dasies, sorry for that, i think i need some days off, and take a good swimming ....

ok, repeating the part for David, 'cause it's gone:
You're probably right David, especially when I look at Tahyons images for example, I also think the bulb deserves more attention...

@Christian
no offense Christian - I doubt, that I would make it better, but your talk sometimes sounds, as if you are stitching the words together, while you're talking. That's not so severe, but a little pitty, because I don't think, people outside the forums can imagine the amount of serious innovation coming from here, while listening to you, stumbeling through the text. I hope you're not angry with me, for that open statement... wink
The "I like it" was for the story, because it's a real good example for synergetic collaboration...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:15:22 PM by taurus66 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: