Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:27:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: [ENGLISH] chaosTV History #1 - The Story of the Fractalforums and the Mandelbulb  (Read 11285 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 10:34:15 PM »

i am open for the criticism, no problem with that

that i have issues with talking is something that i am actually training by this, in the first issues i was talking like realtime, wich had problems with the many "aaahh eeh " and stuff, reading stuff is basically the way to go, and in this special case it was basically a command to "tone" every single word differently, like a story, i am not so content with the outcome for sure, so i might just end this whole experiment as a complete fail, i dont think the spanish people will get something out of it anyways ... should take some "talking" courses train my voice, or better just get the university shit done and get rid of time consuming no money bringing things that i really love to do but since they dont pay it makes no sense after all ....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 11:44:38 PM »

it is most likely that we modifiy the set up of the show to become a "real" tvshow with reports, and not talking all the time, more like moderated clips that are played in to increase information transport, and split up the shows in more easy controllable recordings, until now all the session have been recorded in one long session, this will certainly change ... if continued ...

---

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 12:36:37 AM »

I surely didn't want to discourage you continuing the show. As long as you are willing to improve the format and / or your performance, I see no reason to stop it. So far no master has fallen from the sky!
I like the idea of a moderated clip-show. Keep up developing new ideas for the show, the fractal thing still needs publicity! grin

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 05:28:33 AM »

Have to say something...
I like the video because I know you, Chris... I mean, I know you from here, I know who you are, and what you are doing to maintain this place I like so much.
So it's good to see you talking about the history of this forum, and in the other videos talking about what's happening here, the news and so on.
But I don't think someone outside here could get really interested in fractals, and this forum in particular, by watching a video of you talking and talking (even if your speech gets better). IMHO, the best way to publicy the forums and fractals in general, is using -guess what- ... fractals.

Even when you include some fractal overlays like in this one, or short clips or slideshows of images, I think it's not enough.

I personally like the style of a voice-over character, with visuals that support the ideas discussed (like minutephysics or vihart videos on youtube).
And then showing fractals in a more extensive and detailed way, with some simple sketches when you want to aboard some math details like you did in the complex multiplication video, but focusing more on the drawing, seeing the character all the time could get boring fast.

I'm not saying you shouldn't appear in the videos, but with only some cameos I think it could make the video more interesting, as it will be focusing on the stuff and not always on the character.

That's all, hope you got what I tried to say.

TO LYCIUM: There are some people still discussing and collaborating on programming and math stuff, please examine the forum posts a little more, unless you think we are not good enough for you to be considered. And most of the images posted are quite valuable, this is a FRACTAL forums, why you are complaining about having images posted? If we only have formulas and code it could be a bit boring for some people who only enjoys the artistic side of fractaling. There is a place here for everyone.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 11:05:02 AM »

yay, this will be the way to go, i think i am going to introduce the mandelbrot set and the most basic principles as well in the show, my plan is to present all fundamentals to understand why the mandelbulb is not perfect yet, next show will be most certainly about explaining the fractal dimension problem with nice clips

@kali what about the "spanish" i speak ?! does it makes sense continuing ?! i think when speaking shorter sentences in the clips it will become far more better understandable for spanish speakers ...

---

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »

TO LYCIUM: There are some people still discussing and collaborating on programming and math stuff, please examine the forum posts a little more, unless you think we are not good enough for you to be considered. And most of the images posted are quite valuable, this is a FRACTAL forums, why you are complaining about having images posted? If we only have formulas and code it could be a bit boring for some people who only enjoys the artistic side of fractaling. There is a place here for everyone.

TO KALI: It's just an observation about the relative posting of bulb images and programming talk. Nobody needs to get upset by this, I just point out why this is no longer such an interesting place for me, as a programmer, as it used to be (I find deviantArt's #Aposhack channel is way better for this these days). "Not good enough for you" whaaaaat, where did that come from...

Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 02:30:22 AM »

TO KALI: It's just an observation about the relative posting of bulb images and programming talk. Nobody needs to get upset by this, I just point out why this is no longer such an interesting place for me, as a programmer, as it used to be (I find deviantArt's #Aposhack channel is way better for this these days). "Not good enough for you" whaaaaat, where did that come from...

I just found your "observation" a bit despective... but you are right, I shouldn't get upset... I was having a bad day, sorry.

Peace  sweet music

Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 03:18:33 AM »

Oh, I forgot... @CK: I know you are doing your best, but I have to say that your spanish sounds real weird... However I personally find it funny and not annoying at all...  grin 
Also I think it's quite understandable (<- does this word even exist? cheesy), even when there are some noticeable mistakes with the pronunciation.

Thanks for taking my advice, and don't let the negative feedback discourage you from continuing the show, use them as a motivation for improving it instead, and keep working, I know you can do it better and even more enjoyable.

taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »

Just to come to Kali's defense. To claim fforums became an image blog is rather a valuation, than an observation.
But no objection from me - I know it no other... wink

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 05:22:21 PM »

Just to come to Kali's defense. To claim fforums became an image blog is rather a valuation, than an observation.
Well, I'm going by the "recent posts" view, which I always used to keep track of FF. One day, it stopped being mainly text, and became mainly images; this is rather like an image blog / tumblr page, right? I don't know how this term is so sensitive here, but that's what most people call it...

Again, it's not even a negative thing; for example last night I found this blog, which is just brilliant I think (because of the technical information, not just images!): http://fluffyeahfluiddynamics.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:24:16 PM by lycium » Logged

taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 08:02:08 PM »

...One day, it stopped being mainly text, and became mainly images...

Yes, this is an observation - I made the same observation, even the two years I'm here.
But my interpretation (or valuation) of that fact is, that text discussions were getting fewer. I can understand that. The hurdle to the third dimension is taken, huge innovations are not very likely at the moment. It's the time of smaller steps now. Maybe not so attractive for some programmers?!

Anyhow, even if fractalforums became a fractal image blog, it's the best one I know (my preference is the visual attraction)

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 09:30:49 PM »

Ehrm ok, you hijacked the thread

?

We took certain actions to not let the images overwhelm other stuff

i love the images anyways sometimes they are just awesome sometimes they are mediocre but many mediocre got exactly the help they needed to understand how to use the programs we have a real friendly atmosphere here

some daily images like the safari pics are more than special and it is an honor to have them here

the mathematical/programming stuff isby far not underrepresented, in general this is not a coders only board on a weekly base new scripts and formulas are still discussed at very high levels we have ultrafractal codes assembler discussion and weekly gpu skripting, tell me whatare you missing? Just lurking and upset people?.

and even non graphic or coding stuff is discussed occasionaly

the widespread is what makes it what it is

and lycium i thought you where like shouting and really angry, especially from you i thwas expecting at least a not only horribly negative comment regarding i mentioned your precious rendering that you point out by yourself from time to time

I took it really personal and somehow it really depressed me, but i am fine now and future plans are just beeing prepared. . . .

---

Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 12:22:03 AM »

Well, I'm going by the "recent posts" view, which I always used to keep track of FF. One day, it stopped being mainly text, and became mainly images
That was the day when gallery images became automatically part of the recent posts view.
I also think it strange that you are flicking through recent forum discussions and you have to scroll past lots of gallery images. You can access these images from the gallery anyway, so I also don't see why they should be duplicated in the discussion posts.

p.s. Loved the video cK, don't change a thing  afro
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:24:24 AM by Tglad » Logged
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 09:11:19 AM »

(EN) Yes the CHAOS TV have more rating.
Through would be fine that the movies broadcasting from "Chaos TV" topic to be released on DISCOVERY CHANNEL or DISCOVERY SCIENCE.
I assert that CHAOS TV will could give more rating the chanel DISCOVERY SCIENCE at TV.
 A peacock Knife and Fork

(RO) Ma mir ca emisiunea CHAOS TV nu a ajuns pe DISCOVERY SCIENCE ca ar aduce mai multe ratinguri acelui post de televiziune
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: