Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 12:25:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Looking for good Fractal softwares  (Read 1085 times)
Description: I'm looking for a great fractal software.
ericruijun
« on: September 11, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »

I'm looking for a fractal software that is really good. I saw a photo of a generated 3d fractal thing, but I don't know what the software which made it was.

This was the photo I saw:

Incase the image doesn't work:
Url:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2521.0;attach=1725;image

Pls reply if you know what this software is....
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:59:43 PM »

Looks like Mandelbulb 3D which has been created by one of the fractalforums members: Jesse. You can download it here in the download section: http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=43

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 12:24:38 AM »

It was actually Ultrafractal. But Mandelbulb3d/Mandelbulber probably better these days... though you probably can't directly program your own, unless you get the source.
ericruijun
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 11:14:10 AM »

I don't get how to use the ultra fractal, I tried to recreate the image up there. But I don't know how. I have the iteration code.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 12:01:25 PM »

ultrafractal script is provided by david makin somewhere in the forums, dont know exactly where, BUT although ultrafractal is the only program that can deal with arbitrary precision it is horrible slow when rendering 3d images, even on very low zoom depths, if you want to create your own scripts fragmentarium is the ide of choice, if you want to create images on an just artistic base stick to mandelbulb3d (available in the downloads section ) or mandelbulber (available on sourceforge i believe )

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: