Logo by mario837 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 03:54:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Meet and Greet  (Read 858 times)
Description: my introduction
ed_algra
« on: January 06, 2009, 01:29:11 PM »

I’m a retired engineer, worked in research and testing of plastics and composite materials.  I heard of fractals in the eighties, then read the books of Hans Lauwerier on this subject and attended a Delft Technical University symposium, end eighties, where Benoit Mandelbrot and some other prominent authors revealed the secrets of this new mathematical world.  In fact the roots of it were not that new but the computer generated images really were.
Years after that, after my connection to the web in 2005, I saw what in the meantime had happened, the birth of a new kind of art, based on fractal concepts.  This has become a creative hobby for me, it’s great fun.  You can find my uploads on:  
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=380705
They’re made mainly by using fractal software Ultra Fractal, Fractal Explorer, and Flight From Fractal.
To all members of Fractal Forums my greetings,
Ed Algra

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 02:55:38 PM »

Hi Ed, welcome to the forum. Your fractal experience somewhat predates mine - I only discovered fractals in 1999 (when I started playing with Fractint). I then wrote MMFrac (32-bit DOS) but now use Ultra Fractal almost exclusively. At the moment I'm hoping Frederik will somehow produce a MAC version (for Leopard) as I'm thinking of getting a high-end MAC when I next upgrade my PC (at work we're now using MACs to develop iPhone/iTouch software).

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: