Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 03:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractal stereograms  (Read 2594 times)
Description: A stereographic 3D projection
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« on: October 21, 2008, 03:43:50 PM »

Lately I've been experimenting with various types of stereographic views of 3D fractals. "Cross-eyed" stereograms are good because you don't need any special equipment to view them. It takes a little practice and effort to see the stereoscopic view, but I think it's worth it. here is a sample image.

To view it, sit at a comfortable distance from your monitor and look at the dividing line between the images. Then hold your finger about halfway between your eyes and the screen so it appears just at the bottom of the image. Then look at your finger and slowly move it closer to your nose. This will cause you to cross your eyes. As your finger gets closer to your eyes, the left and right images will cross over and at some point you should see a stereoscopic view in your field of vision between the two images on the screen. It takes a little practice. Once you are able to see the stereo image, you should be able to hold your eyes in position and remove your finger.

The image was generated with FractalWorks, a free high performance fractal rendering program for Macintosh computers.

I've created a small gallery of stereograms on my pbase site if you want to see a few more.

I've also created a gallery of red/cyan anaglyph fractal images, but these require colored 3D glasses, and their colors suffer somewhat from stripping the reds out of the right eye view and stripping the greens and blues out of the left eye view.

Regards,

Duncan C

Regards,

Duncan C
Cyclops
Conqueror

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 12:04:17 AM »

You know its odd. I can only see thru one eye and so can never see true 3D and have no idea of what you guys see with these pics. And I suppose everything to me is 3D!

Sensitively dependant on initial conditions
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: