Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 09:05:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Odd, non-reproducible behavior on gallery upload  (Read 1497 times)
Description: Bug of some sort
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« on: April 14, 2012, 02:48:47 AM »

When I uploaded Gorog's Cavern to the Fractal Art gallery, instead of redisplaying the gallery with the new image added, as it normally does, it went instead to a web page with only this for content:

Code:
8: Undefined index: description
File: /homepages/40/d18898740/htdocs/SITES/fractalforums/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1534

I opened a new tab and checked the gallery there. The image was there. Then I checked the Image Showcase forum. It had not created the new thread there that it normally would have.

I returned to the gallery, deleted the image, closed the tab, and uploaded the image a second time from the original tab (which I'd made sure was just a "back" button away from being able to resubmit the upload form), with the exact same contents for all of the form fields for the upload (including the description field).

This time it behaved normally. The image appeared in both the forum and the gallery and it didn't display the wrong web page in response to the HTTP POST upload.

What happened, and how can it be prevented on future uploads? I can't imagine it will do your CPU or bandwidth resource limits any good if people are going to have to upload some images more than once before the server "gets it right"...

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 05:55:26 AM »

hmm, never saw this, might be that you left the "description" field empty ?

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 06:00:25 AM »

hmm, never saw this, might be that you left the "description" field empty ?

That's just it -- I didn't, and if I had and that was what caused it resubmitting the exact same form (via "back" and "post"!) would have triggered the exact same error again, and that didn't happen.

It's very odd.

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 11:47:21 AM »

It's very odd.

The servers hate you? It can be... cheesy tease

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: