Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 07:08:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: New to FractalForum  (Read 1352 times)
hsmyers
Navigator

Making Mandelbrots from Newtons for years

hugh.myers.75 hughsmyers
« on: July 11, 2008, 07:54:50 AM »

Hi all,

Just found this forum by happy chance. Always nice to meet fellow fractal fanatics!! I've been a fan since the 80's, wrote some of the earliest commercial fractal programs(FracTools and FracZooms) and too many tear-off experiments too count. Lately I've gotten back to playing again, still find it fascinating. I hail from USA, Boise, Idaho in fact. See you around the forum...

--hsm

Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse. --- W. Churchill
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 01:28:02 PM »

hello and welcome,
you are not the only veteran here ... cheesy

have un and enjoy the forum !

cheers#
ck
 afro wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 05:59:22 PM »

Hello and Welcome!

You should consider posting some images from your programs in our Gallery here.  I'd like to see what they look like.

Enjoy the forum...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
WallyWallWhackr
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 01:23:07 PM »

Hi all,

Just found this forum by happy chance. Always nice to meet fellow fractal fanatics!! I've been a fan since the 80's, wrote some of the earliest commercial fractal programs(FracTools and FracZooms) and too many tear-off experiments too count. Lately I've gotten back to playing again, still find it fascinating. I hail from USA, Boise, Idaho in fact. See you around the forum...

--hsm
Dude!  I was an original purchaser of your work!  What a great application of the art of fractal generation.  I think the per pixel calculation is far beeter and more refined than this bitblt crap of today.  I have been wanting to get your method into a modern pixal array / depth setting.  Are you aware of any current software that has the final resolution that yours had?  I am not dure if folks here even know what I mean, but you stuff had a far greater resolution when zooming in. Maybe I just got bored looking and stopped too soon, but all the stuff I have seen around since your stuff is a bit underwhelming on the final zooms.  Everything looks like a fuzzy approximation, kind of like JPEG compression.  I loved your per pixel, per pixel row iterations. They seem to me to be far more accurate than what I currently see.   I have, however, seen some nice hi res stills, but I have never seen such a result from any software.  Bourbaki was cool. My computer wasted CPU cycles in the best way possible!
  ANYONE in the group can point me to a hi res app?  What have I missed over the years, and greeting to the forum, as I am new. cheesy What's Up ??
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 01:28:23 PM by WallyWallWhackr, Reason: cudos to Bourbaki » Logged
fractalwizz
Conqueror

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »

Hi. Welcome to the FF.
What I use most often is UF to create my imagry.
I am also in the process of creating a fractal program with all the features of UF, Fx, and Apophysis combined.
I will post those images here when I get the chance.

hsmyers
Navigator

Making Mandelbrots from Newtons for years

hugh.myers.75 hughsmyers
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 09:12:45 PM »

Dude!  I was an original purchaser of your work!  What a great application of the art of fractal generation.  I think the per pixel calculation is far beeter and more refined than this bitblt crap of today.  I have been wanting to get your method into a modern pixal array / depth setting.  Are you aware of any current software that has the final resolution that yours had?  I am not dure if folks here even know what I mean, but you stuff had a far greater resolution when zooming in. Maybe I just got bored looking and stopped too soon, but all the stuff I have seen around since your stuff is a bit underwhelming on the final zooms.  Everything looks like a fuzzy approximation, kind of like JPEG compression.  I loved your per pixel, per pixel row iterations. They seem to me to be far more accurate than what I currently see.   I have, however, seen some nice hi res stills, but I have never seen such a result from any software.  Bourbaki was cool. My computer wasted CPU cycles in the best way possible!
  ANYONE in the group can point me to a hi res app?  What have I missed over the years, and greeting to the forum, as I am new. cheesy What's Up ??

Wally as far as I can tell, you are still around, my apologies for the extraordinary late reply  embarrass Regarding images, I'll post one in this answer; that said, I'm planning on a new addition/modification to my web site: http://www.sdragons.org Check out the Fractal section as it is now, at some point I will archieve all of the images I've got on the site in the planned update! In the mean time here is one that you can't duplicate (at least until I get around to publishing my UF5 formula for it  wink )

--hsm

* NT_3.JPG (63.39 KB, 640x480 - viewed 200 times.)

Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse. --- W. Churchill
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 02:56:29 AM »

....I'm planning on a new addition/modification to my web site: http://www.sdragons.org/
    Check out the Fractal section as it is now....

I noticed something not working correctly on your Fractals web page, so I sent you an email about it.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: