Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 12:58:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Lost fractal view  (Read 2284 times)
Description: Possible Mandlebulb 3D bug
jimi2tee
Forums Newbie

« on: January 31, 2012, 12:17:41 AM »

Can anyone suggest Mandelbulb 3D parameters/formulas, etc., that can duplicate or come close to the attached example? This particular rendering has apparently succumbed to a bug that now has locked it into some impossible stasis. The image cannot be manipulated in MB3D due to some issue that is currently being address by Jesse.

The image exhibits a kind of organic tree/bush/foliage-like characteristics that are very desirable to me. I especially love the atmospheric ambiance. Although I can probably duplicate the atmosphere/ambiance/lighting, I can't seem to come up with good looking trees, foliage, soil, as it appears here. The trees seem to even have fruit-like appendages.

Thanks,
Jim

* Strange land-1.jpg (117.13 KB, 478x358 - viewed 401 times.)
Pangaea
Navigator

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 03:58:19 AM »

Hi there, I should first state im new to 3d fracs, and as with my experience with 2d fracs I cant quote you specific formulas, parameters or a combination of a few of them. I tend to bring up a randomly chosen formula, tweek the parms if needs be, then start adding in other formulas, it usually results in a mess but 1 times out of 10 ill find something worth exploring.

The image you have shown looks familiar in terms of, it looks rather like a standard bulb sort of formula with a parm tweek to twist it or whatever, so finding a geometric location such as that would be easy enough. In my opinion the image looks like what you said it dose mostly because of the applied colours, lighting. For example the yellow looking fruit seem to be standard sort of nodules (thats what i call them) from a fairly standard default bulb, but the light is set to a yellow hue to highlight those areas, and then the fog is easy enough to replicate, the colours too. One thing I notice is you image is in low res and un anti aliased, in this instance the lack of aa is making the tree look like it has little flowers or buds, however if you where to render that at a larger resolution and with aa you may loose those "speckles".

Anyway, it dosent look like an impossible task to me, I might have a bash at it myself , if I find something I think you will find suitable ill save the msi and you can load it yourself.

regards
pan
jimi2tee
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 07:34:04 PM »

Thanx Pan

I have of course tried all the experiments you suggested. The problems as I have suggested stem from the inability to reconstruct the parameters. I certainly hope you can do that exactly. Your offer is greatly appreciated. I also understand as you have indicated, that the color params have a lot to do with how a particular formula looks in the view. I also understand that resolution and aa have a lot to do with the final rendering quality and detail.

I have even tried duplicating the displayed parameters in the original file, but for some unknown reason they don't produce the same results. I have gotten close, but no cigar.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: