END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 08:04:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Pause render, save project and continue render from the same spot, possible?  (Read 6772 times)
Description: question mandelbulb 3d related
dissolvingstudios
Forums Newbie

« on: January 24, 2012, 11:13:13 PM »

Hi guys hope you are well,
I have a question for mandelbulb 3d, iam at this moment rendering a big project (already more than 24h of render)...
Can i pause this render, save the project and then open again tomorrow on the same place? So i can continue my render tomorow...? sry if this sounds noob, i really wouldn't like to leave my computer nonstop for the next 3 or 4 days, electricity gets expensive...  hurt

"Technology sufficiently advanced enough is indistinguishable from magick." - Clarke's Third Law
dissolvingstudios.com
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 11:23:58 PM »

Hi guys hope you are well,
I have a question for mandelbulb 3d, iam at this moment rendering a big project (already more than 24h of render)...
Can i pause this render, save the project and then open again tomorrow on the same place? So i can continue my render tomorow...? sry if this sounds noob, i really wouldn't like to leave my computer nonstop for the next 3 or 4 days, electricity gets expensive...  hurt

Hello and welcome to the forums!

There is no pause render feature in Mandelbulb3D - but you can stop an animation and use the "start at index" feature to resume that.

If it's a still image taking this long, your only option is to put the computer to sleep  (or hibernate)  and it will just pick up where it left off when it wakes up.  Not good if you want to pause it so you can free up processor cycles for other work, but handy if you need to just shut it down so it can give the computer a break.

Hope that helps...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 11:50:02 PM »

electricity is sometimes cheaper at nights wink,
and hello and welcome to the forums!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
dissolvingstudios
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 12:31:14 AM »

its my first decent render in mandelbulb 3d, and in 1920x1080, so iam prepared to wait a good while, good thing he runs well the "background" , i work with other software like photoshop or illustrator at the time and never crashed sofar!
Iam very curious how this footage is going to be after importing it on after fx.

Ill put the beast into sleep mode tonight.

Yes you're right on the electricity prices, its cheaper at night here as well (iam in Portugal)
thanks for the advice
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:33:56 AM by dissolvingstudios » Logged

"Technology sufficiently advanced enough is indistinguishable from magick." - Clarke's Third Law
dissolvingstudios.com
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 12:37:07 AM »

Seems like you are rendering an animation, right?

Then you can do what Sock said. You can just stop the rendering. Or Pause it (it will pause when the current frame is finished). Then if you close the program, later on you can re-start it where you stopped using the start index box where you input the frame you want to start again with.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 06:33:32 AM »

finally you can run mb3d within a virtual machine. very easy, when you're using win 7 pro with the built in xp mode. just hibernate xp and the full memory and cpu is free for other tasks...

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: