Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 11:33:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 9027 times)
Description: Personal Picture
Karmic Beats
Forums Freshman

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 05:54:47 AM »

Above Is the image I tried to link to earlier.

Below is one I just posted to Picassa.

At Karmic Beats I provide binaural, isochronic, solfeggio frequencies, ASMR, meditations and meditation advice, free of charge to all who choose to benefit. I put my positive energies into the beats and through them out into the cosmos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKlawdek
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 09:39:15 AM »

strange.. it seems like the forums software doesn't like embedding picassa pictures.. maybe christian can have a look at that.
until then, I suggest you upload these pics to your gallery on the forum and take the link from there.
if you need help in doing so, just ask. smiley

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »

<Quoted Image Removed>

Above Is the image I tried to link to earlier.

Below is one I just posted to Picassa.

Code:
[img]https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vupLzbKC-evzbvUD_pdjpx3E8CQWJu4Yp5qebWaFNuo?feat=directlink[/img]

Looks like you used an embedding link and not the actual image location.

Testing the real link here:

If that works, try using the url below if that is the image you wish as an avatar.

Code:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8Q_a6h8bHek/VfSut8yEnlI/AAAAAAAAB24/VyYv-FSlOeM/s2048-Ic42/One_Hour_6-3_01_46_80_80.jpg

EDIT - Yup.

Picasa is using a weird system to provide sharing links.  The URL I used above was from following the link you tried to post and then viewing the image.  Then it was just a matter of copying it's location from the address bar.

Hope that helps!   afro

If you need assistance, just ask and one of us can set the avatar for you.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Karmic Beats
Forums Freshman

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 07:23:10 PM »

If that works, try using the url below if that is the image you wish as an avatar.

Code:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8Q_a6h8bHek/VfSut8yEnlI/AAAAAAAAB24/VyYv-FSlOeM/s2048-Ic42/One_Hour_6-3_01_46_80_80.jpg

I tried the link it still does not work sad

At Karmic Beats I provide binaural, isochronic, solfeggio frequencies, ASMR, meditations and meditation advice, free of charge to all who choose to benefit. I put my positive energies into the beats and through them out into the cosmos.

Karmic Beats
Forums Freshman

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 07:43:14 PM »

I guess this is a good time to ask about the Devient Art site.  I have been leary of them because every time I find a tutorial there they want me to sign up to view it.  I do not like content that is hidden behind a sign up wall.  I made an exception for facebook and that turned out to be a big fiasco.

However it looks like DeviantArt might be a better place to put my fractal art wallpaper than picassa ( especially if they are going to use screwy links  to the pictures, that don't work).  The only reason I am there is because that is where blogger puts them.  I suspect picassa has started adjusting images and compressing them.  They didn't used to but I think they might be doing it to the occasional image.

First what is DeviantArt and why would anyone use it? What are the pros and cons of DeviantArt? Would my avatar have worked had it been there?

I just signed up for a DeviantArt account while typing this post.  I am still unclear as to what I can do with it.  It looks like I can put pictures there free of charge (no idea of any of the limits yet)

I guess now I can see those tutorials. smiley

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 01:13:02 AM »

No idea why the avatar isn't working - blame google!  They are EVIL and Everybody should boycott them and all their subsidiaries   afro

I know I do.

I guess this is a good time to ask about the Devient Art site.  I have been leary of them because every time I find a tutorial there they want me to sign up to view it.  I do not like content that is hidden behind a sign up wall.  I made an exception for facebook and that turned out to be a big fiasco.

However it looks like DeviantArt might be a better place to put my fractal art wallpaper than picassa ( especially if they are going to use screwy links  to the pictures, that don't work).  The only reason I am there is because that is where blogger puts them.  I suspect picassa has started adjusting images and compressing them.  They didn't used to but I think they might be doing it to the occasional image.

First what is DeviantArt and why would anyone use it? What are the pros and cons of DeviantArt? Would my avatar have worked had it been there?

I just signed up for a DeviantArt account while typing this post.  I am still unclear as to what I can do with it.  It looks like I can put pictures there free of charge (no idea of any of the limits yet)

I guess now I can see those tutorials. smiley

DA is an Art Site.

Not much more to say.

Do you need them?

Of course not!

Not now that you found this site   embarrass

We have a Gallery which can host your images and even your avatar if you like.

Give it a try.

I think DA may allow slightly larger images, but larger images can be hosted in many ways besides them if that is your goal.

I hear they have a good community, so maybe it's worth joining them for that reason?

But it's all subjective and a matter of taste among individual users.

I know their site is free, so consider joining and giving them a try.  You have nothing to lose.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Karmic Beats
Forums Freshman

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 05:05:13 AM »

We have a Gallery which can host your images and even your avatar if you like.

I have not been able to upload my avatar on the profile page.  Are you saying that if I upload to the gallery and then link to avatar there it might work?

Also my comment about deviant art stuff being behind an account sign up wall may have been in error.

I was looking at some tutorials there that had no text or download so I thought the watch button was for watching the tutorial and when I pressed that button it wanted me to sign up.  After signing up, I pressed watch button and it was really a "follow" feature.

I am not sure if this gallery would work with my blog.  I like the fact that on my blog it automatically makes thumbnails that that when clicked on bring up a viewer overlay.  Not sure if it could be done so easily if I hosted elsewhere.

Sorry for spinning this thread OT a little bit.  I am just trying to figure out so much stuff right now.

Karmic Beats
Forums Freshman

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2015, 08:08:16 AM »

Ok uploading to my gallery seems to have worked.  I am now confused about the gallery.  I Thought I was uploading to an album (or gallery or whatever) named avatar.  Nothing shows up in my gallery but the images does show up under myimages.  It also mysteriously posted the image to one of the forums.  Does it always automatically post all images into the forums?  Is that how we are supposed to do it?   If that is how it works fine.  However,  I do not want to cause any problems by making a bunch of unwanted posts.  I guess I should try and find the help and FAQ files  wink

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2015, 03:05:36 PM »

Ok uploading to my gallery seems to have worked.  I am now confused about the gallery.  I Thought I was uploading to an album (or gallery or whatever) named avatar.  Nothing shows up in my gallery but the images does show up under myimages.  It also mysteriously posted the image to one of the forums.  Does it always automatically post all images into the forums?  Is that how we are supposed to do it?   If that is how it works fine.  However,  I do not want to cause any problems by making a bunch of unwanted posts.  I guess I should try and find the help and FAQ files  wink

Hi.

It seems the avatar you uploaded here was placed in the Banner section and had to be moved.

I created a personal gallery for you in your section, and called it Avatars, but since I posted the image there, it shows as mine!

Sorry for the confusion, but we had to move the original or it would become part of the banner rotation at the top of every page.

Feel free to upload it again to the same section so it shows as yours, and we can delete the one I uploaded.

There was no way I could find to simply move the image to a personal member gallery as they do not appear in our drop down menus and therefore uploading it manually was the only option after I created the category for you in your personal gallery here.

Every site's gallery software works differently and I am sorry you had confusion with ours.

Let us know if you need any other help with this  (or any other) issues and we will do our best to assist.

Thanks for your patience and understanding   afro

Karmic Beats
Forums Freshman

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 11:46:16 PM »

It seems to be working now thanks for the help.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2015, 10:30:35 AM »

the width and height is determined by the usage, user images of larger size would not make sense, keeping image sizes low is a must have more or less

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: