Logo by Jimpan1973 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:12:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Creative 3d mandelbrot formulae  (Read 1836 times)
Description: Weird and wonderful exploratory formulae for the 3d mandelbrot
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« on: June 07, 2010, 11:37:22 AM »

I pretty much think that the search for the perfect 3d mandelbrot is over. My vote goes to the Nylander twinbee formula.

But having gone through the experience with you all i saw the vast array of mandelbrot 3d forms in my search. Every now and again i look at a new formulation and test it against the nylander form. The images are weird and wonderful and can be instructive.

I hope that this might be a thread for people like myself and fracmonk and Benesi etc to share half baked ideas or fully formed ones with others who have the inclination to explore them.

Here is a mandy formula to start it off with

q=r^n*(exp(i*n*ø)+cos(n*Ω))*j+c

Where ø and Ω are radian measures of angle and n is the signal/ log of the polynomial numeral. Q is the quad form as c is a quad value

but it can easily be written in the "complex/triplex" form z with c#

For initial exploration i used x#,y#,imaj(z) for radian measures  and n=2.

Explore away, and be prepared to tweak it to get what you want.

The julias can be interesting with the right radian measures too.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:01:15 PM by jehovajah, Reason: Forgot to put brackets in » Logged

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 02:13:43 PM »

Just realised that this form is the same as that derived for the helical structures used in the thread spacetime manifold candidates.

This makes me think of Fractalwoman and a comment she made about using the mandelbrot for cosmology.

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 06:23:35 AM »

Two equations found here

So here are two pics based on the first form, one with a quad r^2 and the other with a real r^2

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 12:29:34 PM by jehovajah » Logged

jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 12:22:15 PM »

Here are some pics.
This julia was interesting cos of the bumps

This julia was a variation

This julia uses sin for the j coefficent. I have not got round to using j for the exp imaginary term in relation to this.

All these were produced using Terry gintz Quasz for mac, but i used a quad form of r^2 by mistake as |z| in quasz is a quad form.

I will have to wait for my new computer to use the windows version, but the mac version is so cool!

jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 12:54:57 PM »

Define exponentialish functions by

expish(x,y,z) = (exp(x)*(cos(y)*f1(x,y,z), sin(y)*f2(x,y,z), f3(x,y,z)),
where f1(x,y,0) = f2(x,y,0) = 1 and f3(x,y,0) = 0.

Similarly, define logarithmish functions by
logish(x,y,z) = (ln(x^2+y^2) + g1(x,y,z), atan2(x+iy)+g2(x,y,z), g3(x,y,z)),
where g1(x,y,0) = g2(x,y,0) = g3(x,y,0) = 0.

Here is what you get for

expish(2*logish(z))+c

for
f1(x,y,z) = f2(x,y,z) = cos(z), f3=sin(z):
g1 = ln(x^2+y^2+z^2) - ln(x^2+y^2), g2=0, g3 = asin(z/r).

This form is found and developed here by schlega

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: