Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:27:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb 3D for mac ! (with updates !)  (Read 33243 times)
Description: finally : mandelbulb 3d for mac with updates
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 08:57:03 AM »

I have run it with great success on OS 10.6.8, on 10.8 it is a bit unstable (it will not start at all on 8 of 10 tries, but when it starts it works)
I hope slock will make a new version soon?  afro

slock
Alien

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »

unstable on 10.8 ? well this was not supposed to happen as I ran the tests on Mountain Lion (10.cool and more recently on 10.9 (it worked just fine too !)
I'll update it as soon as I can ! (but with my studies I don't really have much time, and even when I have a few hours, I don't always have my mac around :s)
I'll do my best to figure this out quickly !
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 08:49:12 AM »

unstable on 10.8 ? well this was not supposed to happen as I ran the tests on Mountain Lion (10.cool and more recently on 10.9 (it worked just fine too !)
I'll update it as soon as I can ! (but with my studies I don't really have much time, and even when I have a few hours, I don't always have my mac around :s)
I'll do my best to figure this out quickly !

OK; thats strange... might be something wrong with my old 'puter... I will post the error I get!
Glad to hear there are some hope for a Mavericks version! As I am planning to buy a new mac!
Thank you Slock!

slock
Alien

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 02:12:46 PM »

Hi !
finally got a working osx system to boot on my pc, so I can resume my work on this port !
I will create an update script so it will be easier for you to update mandelbulb, and I will also put all this new stuff on a dedicated website (I will accept donation, but they will be totally optional, it is and will always remain free, don't worry about that !)
updates are coming !

Edit :
found my almost ready version in a usb key, finished it, and voila :
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By1Z4Kn5bJJ3TUZYU3IydVhQM00
please mind donating if you enjoy this ! (I can't survive a lecture without coffee smiley
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:31:08 PM by slock, Reason: added link » Logged
JMunsonII
Forums Newbie

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 08:16:02 PM »

Thanks for doing that Slock - now I can work with Mandelbulb 3D on my Mac too! cheesy
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 11:05:11 AM »

found my almost ready version in a usb key, finished it, and voila :
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By1Z4Kn5bJJ3TUZYU3IydVhQM00
please mind donating if you enjoy this ! (I can't survive a lecture without coffee smiley

Hey Slock, this works fine for me now, Only issue I have is that I have to do a forceful quit when I need to exit the program... but I can live with that smiley
Big thanks and I will donate!  A Beer Cup

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 01:06:04 PM »

Hey Slock, this works fine for me now, Only issue I have is that I have to do a forceful quit when I need to exit the program... but I can live with that smiley
Big thanks and I will donate!  A Beer Cup

lol, why quitting anyways !? cheesy

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 06:42:36 PM »

Is someone still working on this ?

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 08:22:44 AM »

Is someone still working on this ?

Hi David, I USE it, not sure about if slock is updating it soon but the version he posted in Reply #18 works fine for me still... https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By1Z4Kn5bJJ3TUZYU3IydVhQM00/edit

jered
Forums Newbie

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 11:31:00 PM »

El Capitan broke the previous Mac version of Mandelbulb3D with it's System Integrity Protection stuff. I've repackaged v1.8.9 x2 with the latest version of Wineskin Winery to get it working again.

Download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5AvU8Nns4wAdWYyQ0wyY2VfT0E/view?usp=sharing
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: