Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 03:26:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Gimp-video is out  (Read 2436 times)
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« on: January 08, 2012, 02:45:38 AM »

I see many here use Photoshop for postwork, and is far from my mind start any Photoshop vs gimp (that is the most know Open source alternative) discussion

But may be useful to know that, for Windows 32 bit ( i have ready a 64 bit version but i must still upload on the server) there are some interesting news:

first if you never heard of the legend of Gimp running better on linux, that could have some reason only on the past
then about the other rumors about cumbersome interface , hunt for floating windows and so on ...the last beta and the incoming stable version have a option for single windows mode

about the title  GimpVideo that is my customized version based on the last beta and integrated with the best 3rd party script and plugin to create and/or edit animation

Basic difference from last stable version

1) support for python plugin preinstalled
2) single window mode (optional)
3) more file format supported out of the box ( as flash animation,pdf, eps)
4) GAP (gimp animation pack) Mathmap , Gmic preinstalled
(here a note in all the boring PS vs Gimp discussions, a big point is usually forgotten:
there are good plugin for PS  i.e fFlterforge ) but all plugin for PS have a lot of technical limitations.(imposed by the host)
Not for Gimp and the flexibility and power of plugin as GMIC, has no match in PS )
5) included the best script for animation

6) i almost forget , may be used as portable

Well if you want try here the link

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-packagers/files/

for any question ...i will try to reply here too but here will be quicker

http://www.gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3427&start=0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: