Logo by rathinagiri - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 06:56:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: End of 2011 - The Past - The Present - The Future  (Read 1851 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: December 31, 2011, 05:41:38 PM »

Fractalforums.com

The Past (Year 2011)

- Server Update - Database is now 1 Gig
   The database before was just 100 Megabytes, now the database features 1Gig of storage space, considering
   an data value of ~1Mb of content and ~2Mb of log data, this should be enough for the next few years wink

- Thriving access rates, the forum is now at 1,25Mio impressions a month (!)
   in fact it is about 5.000-6.000 impressions a day, the above number contains web-bots, but 250.000 real clicks
   are not that bad at all wink

- most of the entries for fractalforums.com annual competition earned a prize at the bmfac11 competition,
   congratulations   to all contributors

- fractalforums.com first community featured product has been finished, it has produced the fractalforums.com calendar 2012
   please read more in next section

The Present

- 25 exemplars of the calendar are waiting to be sold, the calendar has roughly earned the forum no value until now,
   it has refinanced itself - thank god -  but to really continue this project, and to have a real value for the forum,
   it would be extraordinarily nice to sell out the last 25 calendars, the price will stay at 29,99€ and payment will be
   available via direct paypal paying, please contact: order@fractalforums.com for information about how to order the calendar

^what the lucky buyers said:

"the quality is outstanding, great work Christian! Sharpness can't be better, for all images" - jesse
   "i can confirm - both artistic and print quality is fantastic through all 13 pages!" - taurus
   "They look absolutely fantastic! It took about 10 days to have them delivered but it was really worth the waiting time, and as fractalists, we are used to wait for images to come" - bib
   "I wonder if I'm going to frame each individual picture once each month is over, because the print quality is really amazing!" - bib
   "this calendar ROCKS!!! Top quality images and top quality print!!" - KRAFTWERK
   "Got my calendars yesterday, and I must say it is far beyond my expectations." - KRAFTWERK
   "they are awesome!!! Thanks!!! " - reallybigname   

The Future (Year 2012)

- The next year the forum will definately updated to the most current simplemachines forum software ( 2.x )
   I need to figure out how to import the "old" forum data to the new one, including boards, messages, private messages
   and last but not least: the user accounts

- A monthly TV Youtube Show is planned with mostly fractalforums.com review
   this is a plan i am following for a long time now, and hence the forum is ultra-active some reviews and pointings to
   interesting discussions, videos, images is not only interesting for active forum users, as well the plan is to attract
   more people to "the world of fractals"

- the annual fractal art competition will be holding a 5th issue anniversary!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: