Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:03:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Another 3D Anaglyph  (Read 2756 times)
Description: Here is a 3D height map of a Mandelbrot set, rendered as a stereo Anaglyph
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« on: April 17, 2008, 08:04:10 AM »

You'll need red/cyan glasses to view this one:

This was created in Fractalworks. I created the left and right eye images manually by shifting the camera positions, then combined the two images in Photoshop, where I fine-tuned the alignment, and set the left image to red and the right eye image to cyan.

This image has a much stronger 3D look than my previous attempt.

Duncan C

Regards,

Duncan C
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 11:08:40 AM »

Thanks for sharing these.

They are Most Enjoyable!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
iteron
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 10:07:10 AM »

I'm glad I was able to find my 3-d glasses
what a great image! very nice, thanks
twinbee
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 03:38:32 AM »

Wow, that's really cool. I'm a sucker for 3D stuff like this. Y'know though, you don't have to have it completely monochrome to see the 3D effect. If you use the right software, you can get a fairly good range of reds, greens and blues, especially with the red/cyan glasses.
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 05:17:07 AM »

Wow, that's really cool. I'm a sucker for 3D stuff like this. Y'know though, you don't have to have it completely monochrome to see the 3D effect. If you use the right software, you can get a fairly good range of reds, greens and blues, especially with the red/cyan glasses.

twinbee,

I decided to take your advice and try some color anaglyphs. They turned out pretty well. Here's a 3D anaglyph version of one of my favorite fractal images, "Julia Snowflake 3D". This one needs red/cyan glasses, just like the others:

Regards,

Duncan C
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 10:25:04 AM »

damn it, i have to search my glasses .... cry

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: