Logo by DsyneGrafix - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 08:11:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: A trip to The Impossible City  (Read 1890 times)
eloop001
« on: September 20, 2011, 12:38:54 PM »

Hi All

Please check out this video. This is my first attempt at making a mandelbulb movie.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0PSyX2ZoL4&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/w0PSyX2ZoL4&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Could you recommend some good source for Creative Commons music that would go well with the video ? Perhaps feedback a few comments ?

regs,

Eloop
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:49:42 PM by eloop001 » Logged
eiffie
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 05:01:56 PM »

I thought this was good for a first video. I just scrounge thru youtube's CC music - techno/ambient music for a box flight like this I suppose. I was a little "weirded out" by the fact the light rotated with the camera but was too far from the camera to be attached. Adding some type of animation even a small change to the scale etc. can add to a video's appeal. Way better than my first attempts!
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 08:58:40 PM »

yeah, a perfectly decent first attempt, I'd say. Well done.

moving shadows were fine for me, but the the contrast from darkness to light was sometimes a bit much perhaps?(too dark), that's all.

regards
Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
eloop001
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 09:41:07 PM »

Thanks for the friendly feedback. I have seen a movie with two lights travelling through a scene, while some Chopin tune was palying. I'm not sure if Mandelbulb 3d will allow for that (the film was made using Mandelbulber and I'm not too big a fan of that application, as of yet).

Found the link to the coolest fractal movie out there today...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tj6rip3G62Y&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tj6rip3G62Y&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:55:37 PM by eloop001 » Logged
eloop001
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 09:45:58 PM »

yeah, a perfectly decent first attempt, I'd say. Well done.

moving shadows were fine for me, but the the contrast from darkness to light was sometimes a bit much perhaps?(too dark), that's all.

regards
Kam

Hi Kam. Thanks. I think the darkness adds to the feeling of being all alone in "The Impossilbe City" and it gets the mind going on what happend here and who the heck build this thing (The title implies a storyline that is supposed to provide context to the viewer). I wanted to create something that was not "just" a zoom trip through magical math, but something people should be able to relate to.

I might fail in this.... Opinions, anyone ? Do you agree with Kam, and is my storyline fair or foul ?

regs,

Eloop
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 11:00:33 PM »

BTW

I have seen a movie with two lights travelling through a scene...I'm not sure if Mandelbulb 3d will allow for that...

Yes, that is a great demonstratioin of the art of fly-through - it was what blew me away before I got M3D - and, Yes, M3D does allow for that. You can have up to six positional lights (or a mixture of global and pos).

Try fiddling with Postional ON/ Vis 1-2-3/ Click the MID button and then click in the image. Amount, say, 2e-2 and then slide the X-Y-Z Pos sliders. Happy lighting.

regards
Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: