Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 06:02:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractalforums.com Spring 2008 Fractal Art Contest  (Read 9150 times)
Description: there are also prices to win!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: March 14, 2008, 11:02:26 PM »

Welcome to The Spring issue of the Fractalforums.com Competition !

Deadline: 1st of May 2008

Gallery Link: http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=5

Competitions:

Fractalforums.com Banner/Logo Competition
Fractalforums.com Art Competition
Fractalforums.com Selfmade Fractal Program Art Competition

All images are limited to 1280 pixels on their longest dimension.
Banner images should be 105 pixels in height, and any width up to 1280 pixels.
Images in the Fractal Art and Selfmade categories can be up to 1280x1280 pixels, but must not be longer than 1280 pixels in either dimension

Rules:

• Each image has to be uploaded to the apropriate fractalforums.com gallery section
  • use whatever tool you like
  • deadline is 1st of May
  • the voting system of the fractalforums.com Gallery is used to determine wich image wins
  • Post Processing is explicitly allowed!
  • The winner in each section gets a coffe mug with the corresponding image on it, printed through the deviantart shop. and the receiver has to post a picture with the coffe mug  police
  • The Numbers of entries are limited to 3 per user and Competition, this means one user can upload up to 9 images to the contest!
  • The entry has to be made especially for this contest, modifications of existing images are allowed, but be creative and start something new!

Competition Rules:

Banner/Logo Competition

-Image Format: Any Width x 105 Pixels Height
-preferably with alpha channel
-all the contestants images are used for fractalforums.com banner logo rotation

Fractal Art Competition

The Art competition is the competition where everything is allowed, photography, 3d rendering, plain 2d images

Selfmade Fractal Program Art Competition

This is a special competition where the many producers of fractalforums.com who may be currently writing their own fractal program can contribute with it and show the possibilities, the contestant does not have to be the author of the program, but he has to name the author. This is a bit complicated to determine if a fractal program is selfmade, but we will see...

So, have fun and start producing
 afro
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 08:36:44 PM by Trifox, Reason: corrected allowed image sizes » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:29:26 PM »

what a cool competition, very flexible rules and i think it's a great idea to use all the resulting banners in rotation! (a la pouet)

btw, are there any limits on number of entries? i ask because i have a small army of homebrew fractal apps evil hopefully there will be many entries in this category, in particular i look forward to ones from you, enNZblue, duncan, gandreas and all the other lurking coders...

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:30:51 PM »

i adjust the competition rules, i think it would be ok, to allow 3 entries per contest ....

---

SeRaPhiN
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 12:22:51 PM »

Might have to have a shot at this then  afro
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 01:57:04 PM »

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy hi there, i hope you manage to upload your image to the gallery  police

---

Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 05:04:20 PM »

Banner/Logo Competition

-Image Format: Any Width x 105 Pixels Height
-preferably with alpha channel
-all the contestants images are used for fractalforums.com banner logo rotation

Some questions about the banner competition:

Should the banner images include the "FractalForums.com" text, or is that drawn on top of the image?

Do you want images that can run the length of the window? And do what do you want for alpha? Do you want images that occupy a small part of the banner area, then fade away to transparent? I was thinking of making a lacy pattern that was transparent behind the lace, but in looking at how the banner is used on the FractalForums window, I'm not sure if that's what is needed.

Finally, what file format do you want to preserve the alpha channel? Most online images use JPEG, but these strip away alpha information. Do you want PNG? TIFF, PSD? Please advise.

Regards,

Duncan C
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 06:59:41 PM »

ok,

the logo should be able to be used on any design, preferably one with alpha channel or outline, the desired image format would then be png.
but do not mind if it does not fit to the current colorscheme, it is more likely that the overall fractalforums.com color scheme gets adjustet to fit the logo cheesy

the "fractalforums.com " with slogan "the possibilites are infinite" should be placed in the image

hope that helps

---

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: