Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 28, 2024, 06:18:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Any idea how this is done?  (Read 1777 times)
_db_
« on: February 04, 2008, 05:14:32 AM »

For almost all of the fractal art I've seen I can guess at the techniques used even if my own ability to apply them is a very, very long ways off.  But for Etienne Saint-Amant's work I don't have a clue:

http://www.chaoscopia.com/indexen.htm

There is a variety of shape, colouring, etc. that I find interesting and don't often see in fractal art, the images don't seem all that obviously fractal based.

I haven't see any public UF formulas from him and there's nothing on his site. Once I've gotten a deeper grasp of the various techniques I'll probably email him but for now was wondering if anyone could just point me in the general direction...

Thanks,

db

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 03:41:51 PM »

The two on that page feature fBm texturing fairly heavily.
Most of his other work appears to use many of the publicly available UF formulas, though it's hard to say exactly which but one or two are definitely gnarls.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
_db_
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 02:09:34 AM »

The two on that page feature fBm texturing fairly heavily.
Most of his other work appears to use many of the publicly available UF formulas, though it's hard to say exactly which but one or two are definitely gnarls.

Thanks very much David, I'll pursue those avenues.

cheers,

db
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: