Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 03:56:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: How to avoid objects\scenes cut in the field of view?  (Read 1555 times)
Sfumato
Safarist

« on: August 06, 2011, 01:23:02 AM »

Is there a way to make scenes (both stills and animations) in M3D without cutting the near plane. Even if I set a narrow FOV=1 I have some parts of image cut, i. e. the section is rather far in front of me, not outside camera's field of view. Seems the image objects are always rendered starting from some relatively far distance from the camera.
How can I obviate the problem?
Thank You in advance,
Sfumato.
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »

Hi Sfumato,

I'm not sure on this one - without seeing what you mean - so I'm guessing this will not be much help.

Of course, the closer you are, the higher the  chance of cutting into the view, I guess. Does it still happen when you zoom out?

Of course, make sure the 'fixed zoom and steps' is unticked in the bottom drop down part of the navi window - as this will allow you to cut in.

I'm beginning to fiddle with 'minimum distance' settings there, too - but I don't yet know what works.

When I first started, I had one problem where the roof and the floor were permanently cut through on the leading edge, no matter what I did at that time.
but I bet I'd be in no better place to fix that even now.  It's frustrating sometimes.

regards
Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
Sfumato
Safarist

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 10:32:28 PM »

Thank You, Kam! So I'm not alone.
The most frustrating situation is when all the keyframes are OK, but when all the frames are rendered (after say 30hrs of rendering ;-) You see that ugly sections in the foreground!
With kindest regards,
Sfumato.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 01:10:14 AM »

The camera uses a nearplane and the size of this plane is defined by the inverse of the zoom factor.
In the navi you can see this effect in the 'fixed zoom and steps' option when using the mousewheel on the zoom... to much zoomed out can cut the object.
In the ani, a further problem can occur if the pathway will lead very near to the object inbetween keyframes, so please use the animation preview to see if cutting happens.  If so, increase the zoom on those keyframes, a factor of 2 mostly would be enough (plus step back a little to keep FOV), and/or change the pathway by including more keyframes or choosing a different way.

cheers
Sfumato
Safarist

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 10:02:36 AM »

Thank You, Jesse!
With kindest regards,
Have a lovely Sunday!
Sfumato.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: