Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 17, 2024, 12:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Stereo image rendering - ?  (Read 7683 times)
Description: How to render a stereo image&
Sfumato
Safarist

« on: July 27, 2011, 09:14:13 PM »

Dear friends, I want to render a stereo image and started 'calculating left eye image' several hours ago. I've rebdered and saved four images already and suggested to calculate left eye image for the fifth time  shocked (though I have 1 left eye and 1 right eye). I agreed and clicked. Will You tell me how many images should there be calculated and what is the further procedure? I am ignorant in the field of stereo imagery - beg You pardon for a newbie question.
Thank You in advance,
Sfumato.

Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 10:35:16 PM »

I am finding your description of your procedure confusing.  When I do stereo images I only render two images, the left eye and the right eye.  Why did you render five?
Also, what are you using to put the left and right eye images together (if you are using photoshop I can help) and are you wanting it to work with or without the red&blue glasses?

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah
Sfumato
Safarist

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 08:02:17 AM »

Thank You, BrutalToad!
I'm calculating 9th left eye image btw just now shocked
1). Procedure:
When I entered the 'Stereo' Tab I remained the parameters as they were and pressed the button 'Calculate left eye image' expecting afterward I would be suggested to to calculate the right eye image. Time passed and render was over I saved m3i and png files and found out that the same button is active in the 'Stereo' Tab: 'Calculate left eye image' again, it didn't change to 'Calculate right eye image'. I supposed I needed two left eye images for some reasons (- ?) and pressed the button once again...
The situation repeats for the ninth time as I mentioned above and all the images are different, i. e. POV slightly changed. I don't understand how I calculate the right eye image (shall I simply 'Calculate 3D')?
Sorry, but I failed to find any HowTo throughout the forum posts.
What should I do after my 9th render is over?
2). Concerning further actions I work in Photoshop (for years) and will be grateful if You will explain me my further steps.
3). I am using anaglyph glasses (red&blue) and they work pretty well for stereo images for me.
P. S. Btw I don't understand how to view 3D Stereoscopic images like this:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5213/5387575962_4da8359b74_o.jpg
since I can't cross my eyes to see one image or am I doing something wrong again?
Grateful in advance, with kindest regards,
Sfumato.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 10:53:50 AM »

I see, the Readme is misleading on this topic.. have to make it more clear.

The 'right-eye' image would be the usual image that you render with the parameters, then you have to render the second one, what is called the 'left-eye' image by pressing the specific button.  That is all, sorry for the unprecise description.  sad
Sfumato
Safarist

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 12:19:38 PM »

Thank You Jesse! In the back of my mind the idea occurred to me but I decided to be patient waiting for 'right eye' to appear on the button, hoping the more left eyes there would be the more stereoscopic my scene would look like (I've got 16 !) wink
With kindest regards,
Sfumato.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 07:13:37 PM »

Thank You Jesse! In the back of my mind the idea occurred to me but I decided to be patient waiting for 'right eye' to appear on the button, hoping the more left eyes there would be the more stereoscopic my scene would look like (I've got 16 !) wink

So its not you on the image,  boooo - just got a little attracted
Sfumato
Safarist

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 09:21:08 AM »

Thank You for compliments, Jesse cheesy
Sfumato
Safarist

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 10:56:21 PM »

Still got questions concerning stereo images:
Can someone explain me the 'Minimal distance parameter' in 'Stereo' Tab?
As far as first two parameters is concerned everything seems clear since I can measure my image width (.42m) as well as screen distance. But what does it mean that 'Minimal distance parameter' 'defines how near in meters the Zstart plane lies in front of you'? Or should I enter the parameters from Zstart field?
I prepared a couple of images for anaglyph picture, leaving 'Minimal distance parameter' intact (o.5 by default). The result was far from being stereoscopic...
Thank You in advance,
Sfumato.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:24:08 PM by Sfumato » Logged
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 09:57:32 PM »

I'm not completely sure, but I think it basically just defines how close the foreground is to you in relation to the objects further away.  Anaglyph image depth depends on the distances between the red and blue images. I think it basically sets the distance you want the closest object to be from you.

But I am not positive, sorry:-/

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah
Sfumato
Safarist

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 12:35:00 AM »

Thank You, BrutalToad!
I hope that will help, I'll try to experiment and make it clear,
With kindest regards.
Have a lovely weekend,
Sfumato.
joeyg007
Forums Freshman

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 11:20:32 PM »

In the animation box there is a render stereo animation box. Clicking that causes both left and right eye frames to be calculated, looks like in groups of 10 alternating(rendering). Are there some docs on stereo somewhere? Looking for some tips on combining them. Looks like the Prog does everything else for you (calc&save:)
skyzyk
Alien

Aspire to Inspire, before you expire.

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 02:12:55 AM »

The right eye image is the original image. You need an external processing program to put the images together and make the Anaglyph. Programs such as Stereo Photo Maker or Anabuider.
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »

Hi folks,

I too have recently been fiddling about with the stereo image function in Mandelbulb3D - and as Skyzyk stated, the resultant output needs treatment with an external program.

Not knowing which one would be the best (for me), I have tried numerous free offerings, including:
stereo photo maker, 3-D anaglyph maker, 3-D image compiler, stereo movie builder and stereo AVI converter. For some reason, all but the latter, follow the trend like Mandelbulb3D,
in not using a Windows installer. I can say with some conviction that (IMHO) the quickest, easiest, best user interface and most comprehensive, is stereo photo maker (SPM) by far (and its sister, stereo moviemaker).

You simply place your left and right images into separate folders, open a left and then a right picture into SPM and it automatically locates all the other pictures in the sequence. You can then do a number of processes onto the images, for example, exchange L&R side-by-side images for either cross-eyed or parallax (no glasses) view, above and below, red and blue glasses, interlaced, yellow and blue glasses, as well as 'proper' 3D for those with the appropriate TV and glasses. You can also resize and alter frame rate etc.

With regards side-by-side, you can save each paired picture as a single stereo image or batch a slideshow, which then can be converted into a movie just as any other series of animation images. I also believe that you can create an alternative left or right image from a single stream of images, which would save you having to create both a left and right in the first place (but I have not use this function yet).

Well worth having a fiddle with if you're so inclined.

e.g. link http://www.stereoscopy.com/downloads/

hope this helps
Kam
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:38:10 AM by kameelian, Reason: link added » Logged

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
gyphia
Forums Newbie

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 12:13:18 AM »

Hi,
I have a pair of nvidia shutter glasses and, imo, well worth getting ...the images look so stunningly realistic, they are full screen and much better than cross-eyed etc imo.

An alternate method for getting stereo images out of the mandelbulb program.:
Instead of using the left eye calculatior, copy the right eye image(after saving it ) into navigator. then use 'shift' left a few units...the more units, the more the separation(eye distance). Now a further refinment you can do is, after using 'shift', is to use 'looking' and click a few units RIGHT after you have shifted left(maybe 25% of the units you shifted left by, experiment). This sets the convergance and you can get some great depth and pop out using this method. I use this because I cant work out how to set convergance in the proghrams stereo calculator.

For viewing I use paint shop pro to stitch the pics together(left eye on the right so cross eyed works) and save them with a .JPS extension(important for shutter viewing!). I then use the nvidia viewer to view them(have to select 'swop eyes').

How do I post an image here?. I click on 'insert image' but it just gives the tags and doesnt ask me for an image location. Thanks.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:17:25 AM by gyphia » Logged
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 10:08:06 AM »

How do I post an image here?. I click on 'insert image' but it just gives the tags and doesnt ask me for an image location.

Hi gyphia,

This one caught me out too when I first started.
The thing is, you don't seem to need to click on 'insert image' (presumably this works if you have one held in the clipboard?). Instead, go below the text box and you will see Additional Options. Click on this and it will offer an 'Attach/Browse' option where you can search for your picture location in the usual manner.

- Yeah, crosseyed is not too good for you - but without glasses it is do-able. I find sitting further away with a big screen is best for me.

As for the shutter specs - well, you still need a screen that will show 3D don't you. I'll have to try your method for getting 'great depth'. Pehaps good for stills but, for videos, I guess it would take forever setting them all individually.

regards
kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: