Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Tutorials by fractalmath on YouTube  (Read 2043 times)
jgschmidt
« on: May 14, 2011, 06:52:37 PM »

Hi, I'm new here, Jurgen Schmidt from San Antonio, Texas.

I discovered some really clear tutorials about fractals and how the basic Mandelbrot and Julia images are generated on YouTube by "fractalmath". I found the link in this topic here:

http://www.fractalforums.com/fractal-related-links/the-mandelbrot-set/

Does anyone know if he has a website or contact information? I would like to know what software he is using that shows the iterations for the functions he describes, that is, the path of the function for each point as it gets attracted to the inside or outside? It looks like that would be a way to discover intersting regions.

Thanks,

Jurgen
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:54:31 PM by jgschmidt » Logged
JodyVL
Safarist

Everybody's a fool but whose fool are you?

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 07:29:39 AM »

Hi Jurgen smiley

I too am new here and new to fractals in general. Thus it was that I discovered fractalmath on youtube too wink

The program he uses is Fractal eXtreme, a shareware program unfortunately (I'm looking for a patch or registration code right now). A great program I found that is FREEware is XaoS .. Google it smiley ... But not sure if it has that neat little feature of eXtreme's where it shows the points as they're mapped, with a white line.

You might also like to check out my blog smiley Started only a week ago... Suggestions are welcome smiley
http://mandelubber.blogspot.com/

Tchau for now

My Fractals and Fractal Art for Beginners blog! : http://mandelubber.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: