Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 07:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: the CoEvolution of Metallic, Organic, and Angelic intelligences  (Read 3398 times)
Description: why do so many 3D fractals look like machines, plants, or energy forms ?
Hypercube
Forums Freshman

www.sacredpatterns.com

« on: May 07, 2011, 08:40:52 AM »

I am not interested here in arguing the validity or not of the concept of human evolution.
For the purposes of discussion here I suggest that we accept that there is at least a superficial
appearance of evolution within the organic realm of the Earth's biosphere.

I suggest that there is also an apparent evolution of metallic intelligence
being facilitated unintentionally by human beings ever since melting metals
from our cooking fires began the progression that leads to supercomputers and
global information networks.

Films like the Matrix series demonize the hypothetical future machine intelligence -
(although acknowledging that they perhaps inherited their 'inhumanity' directly from us).
Many shamanic voyagers tend to idealize the plant/organic intelligence as being
the perfection of the wisdom of nature - even to the extent of claiming that animal intelligence is
simply recycled and concentrated plant intelligence.

I find all this fascinating - and the fact that so many Mandelboxes and Mandelbulbs
seem to be so typical of machine and plant forms is ... astounding.
The duality of Sphere and Cube paralleling the duality of machine and living forms is flabbergasting.

One friend summed up the disturbing impact watching some of these fly throughs had on her with -
'are we meant to be seeing these things?'

And then again - I have seen some 3D fractals that are neither organic nor mechanical
but exquisite light/energy forms reminiscent of angelic thoughtforms and kirlian aura photographs.
Many occult schools have said that 'the language of the angels is geometries of light'.
(more accurately this should include the whole spectrum of electromagnetic energy).

All this leaves me with questions such as these...

What does the discovery of these forms herald in the way of new insights into reality?
Are we discovering the patterns upon which both machine and plant forms are based?
Or are these forms inherent to the human sensory and mental apparatus and merely projected out upon
the world we perceive?
Why are animal forms not so prevalent? ( I note I have seen some insect and crustacean like forms).
Will we discover them ? Its almost as though the fractal images themselves are 'recapitulating phylogeny'.
Is it just that we are seeking the images most interesting to us - and therefore ones that remind us of these
archetypal kingdoms of human experience?

I am most interested to hear your contemplations of this rather complex and multi-faceted subject ...
 grin  grin  grin

Whirreds are the Whorls of the Whirled
weavers
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 03:44:56 PM »

Greetings and Salutations to you Hypercube.
Greetings and Salutations to you Hypercube, it's taken you a long time!
Do you know where and why  you are here?
We welcome you ,for we know you know what you know, and what  you know is not for your eyes only nor your minds mind,nor  your SOULS solely.

Behold we due in awe,the whole dreamakonic  exploits of your minds decisions to come, so  characteristic of a chosen destiny player, unexpectedly experienceing, unexpectedly experienceing, that which until your birth was unexperienceable.

We see ,we see, what we see because what we see is our fate, our destiny,our destination to be!

Listen to the voices in your head, and nothing else alive to get it right, we wish you luck in your quest for the answers, you're going to need it. For what appears here as a simple mathematical hobby to bobby is not!

By the power of Dark Matters,The Universes, and the suns and daughters of space,THE FRACTAL is you! We fractals welcome you!

Opinions cheerfully expressed, whether in consensus or in disagreement, help understanding and collaboration with one another! Peace Be with you .
                                                       The fractal forums, the possibilities are infinite!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 04:00:22 PM by weavers » Logged
Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:45:48 AM »

If I interpret this right, then weavers is pointing out that your initial post is a bit all over the place, which makes it hard to engage with. Anyway, I'll try and give it a go...

"I am not interested here in arguing the validity or not of the concept of human evolution"
Good because that would be about as worthwhile as arguing the validity of the concept that the earth goes around the sun. They both have overwhelming supporting evidence.

"I suggest that there is also an apparent evolution of metallic intelligence"
If you mean an evolution of the abilities of computers etc, then we could agree on that. Evolution by human selection rather than natural selection.

"Many shamanic voyagers tend to idealize the plant/organic intelligence as being
the perfection of the wisdom of nature - even to the extent of claiming that animal intelligence is
simply recycled and concentrated plant intelligence."
Er.... maybe we should just move on to the questions...

"What does the discovery of these forms herald in the way of new insights into reality?"
That the basic shapes in nature are void, cluster, tree, sponge, shell, foam and solid. https://sites.google.com/site/simplextable/1-simplex

"Are we discovering the patterns upon which both machine and plant forms are based?"
I don't imagine so, but have you watched the david attenborough documentary 'first life', he shows how the first animals were very fractal in shape.

"Or are these forms inherent to the human sensory and mental apparatus and merely projected out upon
the world we perceive?"
Maybe

"Why are animal forms not so prevalent? ( I note I have seen some insect and crustacean like forms)."
Animals are less fractal than plants. Why? because running around is complicated, but plants can get away with being simpler, simpler is better and more robust, fewer things to break. Fractals are a very simple shape, the very simplest after euclidean shapes like sphere, cone etc.

"Will we discover them ? Its almost as though the fractal images themselves are 'recapitulating phylogeny'.
Is it just that we are seeking the images most interesting to us - and therefore ones that remind us of these
archetypal kingdoms of human experience?"
I think mainly, yes
Hypercube
Forums Freshman

www.sacredpatterns.com

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 04:32:41 AM »

Thanks for your replies. Im sory if the question was 'a bit all over the place' and I take Weavers reply as a poem to be contemplated.
To clarify my question and remove the explanatory philosophical meanderings...

I am interested into insights about reasons for the astonishing mechanical, architechtural, organic, and energetic forms of the new classes of 3D fractals.

Thanks Tglad for your link to a very interesting categorisation schema that I had not come across.
Also for your comments regarding the reason that animal forms are not so apparently fractal.
I shall contemplate these in depth.

Whirreds are the Whorls of the Whirled
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 02:37:28 PM »

I am interested into insights about reasons for the astonishing mechanical, architechtural, organic, and energetic forms of the new classes of 3D fractals

Since Math was created to describe the universe, I would be more surprised if we never found such things!

Not finding such things would mean Math itself is inadequate to describe our Universe.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:21:23 PM by Sockratease, Reason: speelinf eroorz » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: