Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:42:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hellooo from higher dimensions  (Read 2086 times)
Description: Sacred Geometer, artist, musician, website maker
Hypercube
Forums Freshman

www.sacredpatterns.com

« on: May 07, 2011, 08:11:27 AM »

Hi   grin
My interest in fractals and geometry comes from an artistic background
more than a mathematical or scientific one.

Ive been scouring this forum for weeks since I discovered the Mandelbox and Mandelbulb revolution
that seems to have begun here!

I am particularly interested in higher dimensions, and it seems clear to me that even the 3D
renderings of these fractals are but layers of higher dimensional forms.

In my teens I discovered a rather unusual and exceptionally symmetrical
projection of the hypercube - which is now available as a pendant at www.sacredpatterns.com

I am also a website creator (sorry that last one is very out of date and soon to be reformulated).

I have a great interest in the philosophical ideas known as Sacred Geometry
and some of my own musings are at www.birdtribes.net/sacredgeometry.htm

I will be making a post about an image and video CMS that I use called SlideshowPro.
Its quite affordable and Im surprised so few fractal sites I see use something like this
to display the images effectively. www.slideshowpro.net
For instance here is a basic Gallery with albums of non fractal art www.byronnow.com/gallery

I am interested in producing an ebook about 3D fractals
and I will be making posts about that in other areas of the forum.

I have not played much with creating my own fractals since using Fractint about 12 years ago-

I got distracted away from fractals by a freeware program that spins pollygons into some very interesting designs
Here is a still image screenshot - I hope to be releasing a new version of this freeware program as a screensaver within the next month or two.

I must say though that the new 3D fractals have obsessed me ever since Goggling the concept about a month ago. It sure seems like we are in the beginning of the next wave of discovery. I am particularly interested in the machine-like and architectural forms on the one hand and the plantlike organic forms on the other. I see this as being on of the rarely acknowledged polarities of our human experience.
I shall be making a post about this in the philosophy section.

Thanks for creating/discovering these infinite possibilities ~
N.D.

Whirreds are the Whorls of the Whirled
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 08:05:43 PM »

Hi, and welcome onboard  wink

Very interesting links, I have to say that we have some common interests.

The good thing about this forum, is that all aspects of fractals are discussed. You will find Art, Math and Philosophy in good proportions wink

My real interest in fractals begun only some months ago, caused by an strange "dream" I had, and I also found this site after searching for 3D fractals in google, because I wanted to know if such things existed, and for help for implementing an idea I had for 3D Mandelbrot. I learned a lot in this few months, because there's no selfishness here, and everybody shares their ideas and help each other. As an example, I can tell you that I had only a basic math knowledge, barely understading complex numbers, and now I'm creating and discovering my own formulas and also writing my own fractal program!
As for philosophy, feel free to fully express and discuss whatever you want because everbody is respectful to each other thoughts and beliefs. (Otherwise they should banned me after posting my really crazy ideas  grin)

Well, I hope you enjoy your staying as much as me,

cheers!

A Beer Cup

(P.S. just for the case, English is not my first language)

Erisian
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 08:47:27 PM »

Hi from another fractal obsessed, mathematically braindead artist.

If you have read this post previously, I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I didn't look at your site and was referring to something entirely different.  Keep on musing!   happy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:02:54 PM by Erisian, Reason: To correct a misunderstanding » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: