Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:16:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Anti-aliasing again  (Read 3570 times)
Description: Antialiasing in mandelbulber
Ike1970
« on: April 27, 2011, 01:47:32 PM »

Hello everybody,

I am trying to get better results for my images in mandelbulber.  In similar posts I have read this can be achieved in m3d but not in that way mandelbulber.  Buddhi stated in his reply to a post July 24th, 2010 (http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulber/mandelbulber-0-85/) that the best way would be to ". . .render image in doubled resolution and reduce resolution after rendering. . . ".   The way I understand this is that after saving the image I shold open it in a graphics application and reduce the resolution?   Reducing the resolution would mean reducing the ppi?
For example, image rendered at 2400x2400, importet to PS, there it sates under image size "75ppi" -- so I would reduce this value?
Does anyone have experience in this?

thanks,
Ike
Fractal Ken
Fractal Lover

Proud to be 2D

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 05:08:29 PM »

Ike, I'm not familiar with Mandelbulber, but a standard antialiasing trick is (for example) to render an image at 2400x2400, and then scale it down to 1200x1200 in a graphics application. I've found this approach very effective.

Fortran will rise again
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 06:20:40 PM »

Hello everybody,

I am trying to get better results for my images in mandelbulber.  In similar posts I have read this can be achieved in m3d but not in that way mandelbulber.  Buddhi stated in his reply to a post July 24th, 2010 (http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulber/mandelbulber-0-85/) that the best way would be to ". . .render image in doubled resolution and reduce resolution after rendering. . . ".   The way I understand this is that after saving the image I shold open it in a graphics application and reduce the resolution?   Reducing the resolution would mean reducing the ppi?
For example, image rendered at 2400x2400, importet to PS, there it sates under image size "75ppi" -- so I would reduce this value?
Does anyone have experience in this?

As said Fractal Ken I mean reducing resolution by downscaling of result images. This is the most effective way for anti-aliasing from quality point of view. Fist render image in high resolution, for example 2000x2000 and then downscale this image to 1000x1000 using some image manipulation program (e.g GIMP).

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: