Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 02:55:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fineally got the torus mutation working right!  (Read 3765 times)
doncasteel8587
« on: May 28, 2007, 06:53:54 PM »

I've been trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with my torus mutation.
Turns out I was trying to do it the hard way  tongue stuck out

Here 2 torus and 4 linear transforms for some symmetry

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 01:26:02 AM »

Definitely would be nice to see these as 3-D animations.

doncasteel8587
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 03:56:22 AM »

Yup.... I'm working on it.
I was dooing all of my animations on SunGrid until my hours ran out sad

I've got some more RAM coming for this computer, but don't have a delivery date yet.

I've also got an old box I'm thinking about setting up just for long term renders, I just don't know the best way to do it. My curent thinking is to just set it up with Windows on my network and using VNC to manage it (I don't have a spare monitor, or a place to set it up)

One thing I could use suggestions on, is how to setup Windows "bare-bones" just to run Java, I'll need to free up as many resources as possible. That or I may choose to set it up as a Solaris or Ubuntu Computer, but thene there's a learning curve that goes along with that.

I could sure use about 20 more hours in a day  tongue stuck out
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 11:55:36 AM »

I've also got an old box I'm thinking about setting up just for long term renders,
I just don't know the best way to do it.  My curent thinking is to just set it up
with Windows on my network and using VNC to manage it (I don't have a spare
monitor, or a place to set it up)

For many years now, I have been using an old KVM switch that allows up to six units to be attached.  (Once I get comfortable in my chair, I do not like to move to another keyboard and monitor positioned elsewhere.)    wink

One thing I could use suggestions on, is how to setup Windows "bare-bones"
just to run Java, I'll need to free up as many resources as possible.

Depends on how much memory you will need to generate the images.  If you do not need the extended way in which XP allocates available area, then you could just load Win-98 for a simple and fast system.  I have a few of these for generating images on the side and it works very well for me.  I only need the XP systems for things like XenoDream, which can really use all the memory I can give it for some of my renders.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: