Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 04:36:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Help with resolution  (Read 1009 times)
Pacoski
« on: March 19, 2011, 04:34:29 AM »

I have started with this program since like 4 days ago, and i dont know anything about it :[

But o just want to know how can i improve the resolution of my fractals or whatever shapeless lines i get. I mean i always got a lo of dots in the fractals, example:

http://img810.imageshack.us/i/36586463.jpg/

Its horrible sad
Im not even sure if i get the image wright, i mean, when i have a fractal i press jpg button and that's it. Is that even the way??

Ok, sorry for the dumb question but, i really need help...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 04:59:37 AM by Pacoski » Logged
Don Whitaker
Conqueror

KitchenDon
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 05:47:04 AM »

Hi Pacoski. Not quite sure what exactly you are asking, but this thread might help you 'smooth' your renders and get rid of some of the noise.

http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/how-to-render-smooth/

My digital creations: let me show you them
neoexcello
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 07:35:08 AM »

Actually, that's a pretty cool image, and I'm not sure what dots you're talking about, but it sounds like you need some of the basics to get going on the program.  I found some great tutorials at deviantART.  Search  "mandelbulb 3d tutorials" and look first at the Hal Tinney tutorials  1, 2, and 3.    Did you also know that you can copy and paste parameters into the program as starters?  There's a great list of them here at FF, http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/mandelbulb-3d-parameters-list/
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »

I have started with this program since like 4 days ago, and i dont know anything about it :[

But o just want to know how can i improve the resolution of my fractals or whatever shapeless lines i get. I mean i always got a lo of dots in the fractals, example:

http://img810.imageshack.us/i/36586463.jpg/

Its horrible sad
Im not even sure if i get the image wright, i mean, when i have a fractal i press jpg button and that's it. Is that even the way??

Ok, sorry for the dumb question but, i really need help...

You will always get some noise in your images. Azn Distance "estimation" is an estimation and not the absolute truth Azn - the noise is a direct conseguence of this

Don't get discouraged by this, you only need to use a lower raystep/stepwidth and if it is not enough use a bigger resolution (then downscale the image) and this problem will be drastically reduced cheesy
1st part increases accuracy, 2nd is a reduction of the pixel size, so eyes will not see the single pixel but an average (that is, antialiasing)
Use some noise-reduction filters if you want to get almost same results in less time wink

I use often this sequence

Noise red to blur pixels, KPT eq sharpening to restore details and bring in some "aura", equalize - this improves images in a great way beacuse simulate antialiasing and improves color and contrast in a standard way, that you can further improve manually
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:22:09 AM by DarkBeam » Logged

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 02:54:57 PM »

Lower Raystep multiplier, lower Raystep limiter, check boxes First step Random and Normals on DE, one or all will help with noise. InternalFolding Power is inherently noisy and needs low raystep and limits and I usually give them high Max iterations too.

Jpeg saves the Render in Jpg format, you can also set the Compression and/or memory for Jpg. Below that button is save as BMP or PNG, I would use them not Jpg
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 02:58:31 PM by lenord » Logged
Pacoski
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 03:55:59 AM »

Thnks for the tips, they sure help. I'll see what i can do Grin with closed eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: