Logo by blob - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 10:11:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fantomatic fractals  (Read 1111 times)
treztrez
« on: March 01, 2011, 05:20:37 PM »

It's not really my specialty, but i enjoy doing computer generated images on my spare time, here are a few, tell me what you think...

http://www.fantome.cc
treztrez
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 02:49:45 AM »

is it so bad that no one s able to drop a comment ?
Fractal Ken
Fractal Lover

Proud to be 2D

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 03:39:11 AM »

treztrez, I think your works are very good and unusually varied. I especially like the 5th one from the top. It makes me think of an abstract sculpture with some little pieces hanging in mid-air, defying gravity.

Please don't take offense at the lack of comments. Happily, the culture at Fractal Forums is quite different from that at Flickr, deviantART, or Renderosity. There's no need here for mass superficial commenting. (Been there, done that, not going back. smiley) Just post work that you like, and folks will look at it. If a viewer actually has something to say, he or she will; otherwise, it's no big deal.

Regards,
Ken

Fortran will rise again
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 11:09:19 PM »

Your works are very beatiful and interesting, and I'd like to now how you generate them.

I was also a little dissapointed at first with the lack of responses from the people in the forum, but I think is much like Ken said... a thread full of shallow comments is also not desirable. If you continue participating, and getting in touch with the people with same interests and affinities (like Ken & me  kiss), you soon will be getting more feedback. Also, you can post your works in the gallery, where they can be rated, or at least you can see how many people are interested in your image depending on how many views they got.

Hope you understand, and welcome to the forum!  A Beer Cup
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:15:06 PM by Kali » Logged

treztrez
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:33:32 PM »

Sorry for the moodiness, or thanks for staying so chill,
I was a little bit nervous at the time for some other reasons...

about the variety in renders is because i'm hungry with all kinds of softwares. I like 'sterling', 'visions of chaos' among others
Some pictures just seem to pop out and I manage to take a photography
whereas the 5th was indeed a bit of work, I played with particles systems in 3d studio max, i think particles are definitly something to dig...the next one also is rendered in 3d studio max after various secret methods wink (I 'voxeled'/extruded a 2D picture)

sorry again for the pissed off attitude, I kinda like this place..
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 10:13:28 PM »

Hi Treztrez,

It seems I've missed your first post. That's some pretty nice work you're showing here. I agree on number 5 ;-). I also checked your website and was impressed. It moved me (which, in my eyes, is pretty much the definiton of art), albeit I'm not sure if it was in the right direction...

You may get more exposure, if you post your pictures in the galleries here. But... like it or not, there's a tendency to favour 3D fractals... If you're interested, be sure to check out Mandelbulber and Mandelbulb 3D. Both are available on this forum and are fantastic tools to explore the 3D world. But that's entirely up to you of course!

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Fractal Ken
Fractal Lover

Proud to be 2D

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 10:23:15 PM »

treztrez, don't worry at all about the "moodiness." smiley

As Madman noted, this site is a great place to learn about fractal software. The developers of Mandelbulb 3D and Mandelbulber both post actively here.

Also, you might consider entering the newly announced Fractalforums.com Spring 2011 Fractal Art Contest.

I look forward to seeing more of your artwork.

Regards,
Ken

Fortran will rise again
Side B
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 08:32:32 AM »

You are crazy!

Your art is amazing and very inspiring!

1st and 3rd are absolutely mezmerizing  cheesy

What aquired that transparency-effect in the first and second image?
Which program did you render those in?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: