Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:40:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Suggestion for the Preview Window  (Read 1076 times)
public_v0id
« on: February 23, 2011, 03:38:39 PM »

Hi Jesse,

today I've started a new rendering. I did an animation of an julia-hybrid which changes the camera-position while changing also the julia-parameters.
Because of the changing parameters while camera-movement, I've had to render a preview to check for frames where the camera cuts the morphing fractal.
For this I've rendered first a complete preview and than tried to find the keyframes between which the camera cuts, through rendering a preview between keyframe 1 and 2, than 2 and 3, ... until I've found the corresponding keyframes.
To speed this up i thought, it would be nice to have a label inside the preview-window, which displays the current frame and keyframe, e.g. "Frame 80 of 2000" and "Keyframe 2 of 20", while the preview is played.

Thanks for reading cheesy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:40:23 PM by public_v0id » Logged
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »

To avoid this, I render a preview of the last 3 keyframes each time I add a keyframe.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
public_v0id
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »

To avoid this, I render a preview of the last 3 keyframes each time I add a keyframe.
You're right, it's probably in any way the best option to do so, but sometimes I'm just so captured in flying through the fractal ^.^
Another idea I've had this day, would be a button in the animation window, to interpolate a keyframe between two keyframes with the position and parameters like in the animation without the interpolated keyframe. This would make it easier to alternate the route between two keyframes.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: