Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 04:24:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: issue with version 1.68 - keep running into the fractal  (Read 1713 times)
zongo
Navigator

« on: February 09, 2011, 08:03:08 PM »

Hi folks ! Last month I didn't have much time to work on fractals - sadly - and I didn't use Mandelbulb 3D version 1.68 until last week.
I am experiencing a big issue : I keep running into the fractal when I'm working on an animation. If I import the .m3i animation file in version 1.67 then no such problem, everything runs smoothly and without crossing the fractal.

I compared my settings in all panels in versions 1.67 and 1.68 and I don't see any difference. My testing was done with a pretty simple formula - Julia Mandelbox with folding, translation and rotation.

I wonder if this is my own fault, if it is a known bug and if the new M3D 1.69 version resolves this issue. anyone experienced this beside me ?

Just got the last version today - thanks so much Jesse !!! -, I'll try my testing animation file soon.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 11:10:28 PM »

Hi,
if you have still problems, please send a sample m3a file because without it would be really hard to figure out what is going on.
Afair there were no changes in the animation interpolation since 1.6.7, maybe there is more overstepping due to a critical formula and you have to to adjust the new 'Stepwidth limiter' value to 0.1 or so.
 But i can't really say something certain without infos.
thx
zongo
Navigator

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 12:26:34 AM »

Thank you Jesse for the answer. I'll post the m3a file tomorrow.
zongo
Navigator

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 11:38:03 PM »

Sorry for the delay !

Here is the animation file I was talking about. Sadly I couldn't test this file in the last M3D version last week. Please let me know if you can spot something wrong in this file.

--> http://www.sendspace.com/file/tawtwp

And thanks again for this awesome program Jesse !!! It changed my life - in a weird way cheesy
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 09:53:52 PM »

A quick test in the preview, every 10th subframe, shows the same slicing of the object in version 1.67 compared to the latest version!?

In version 1.7 everything will change, slicing should be reduced too.  So i would not bother about it to much...

To get around this in the current versions, you have to increase the zoom factors in the keyframes, what leads to different views of course.
Can't be avoided however.
zongo
Navigator

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 05:08:36 AM »

Sorry again for the delay Jesse !

That's weird, I was able to render this short animation with version 1.67. I had to mention this problem here because I never experienced such slicing situation before. Actually I thought it only happened when you're using the fixed zoom & navigation smiley

Thanks for taking the time to test my animation file and sorry for the bother.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: