Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 07:21:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: mandelbulb3d feature request  (Read 3142 times)
Description: possibility of transparent png
richardphotos
« on: January 23, 2011, 03:47:32 PM »

first I would like to thank Jesse for creating such an wonderful software and I can not say enough good things about Mandelbulb3D

is it possible in the near future for transparent png capability in Mandelbulb3d?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 04:13:32 PM »

Hello and Welcome to the forums!

I moved this to a place where Jesse will be more likely to see it and respond   cheesy

Hope you don't mind me adding the "feature request" bit to the title, just trying to help   afro

I'd like to add my voice to the png with alpha channel request chorus!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Tex Arcana
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 10:03:47 AM »

I'm having so much fun with Mandelbulb 3D, but if we're starting a wish list, I'd like to add...

1. The ability to move a point to the centre of the image by clicking on it.  This would really help to line up zooms and create symmetrical images.
2. Linear navigation controls: the ability to move in X, Y & Z by a user-determined distance.  This would help with the creation of stereo images, among other things.
3. A magnifying glass function, maybe selected by pressing left and right mouse buttons together. This would produce a window of (say) 100x100 pixels, with a 10x magnified image of whatever is under the cursor.  This would be useful for checking out areas of potential interest, without having to do a render.

But there's no rush.  These are only wishes...
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 08:53:22 AM »

I'm having so much fun with Mandelbulb 3D, but if we're starting a wish list, I'd like to add...

1. The ability to move a point to the centre of the image by clicking on it.  This would really help to line up zooms and create symmetrical images.
2. Linear navigation controls: the ability to move in X, Y & Z by a user-determined distance.  This would help with the creation of stereo images, among other things.
3. A magnifying glass function, maybe selected by pressing left and right mouse buttons together. This would produce a window of (say) 100x100 pixels, with a 10x magnified image of whatever is under the cursor.  This would be useful for checking out areas of potential interest, without having to do a render.

But there's no rush.  These are only wishes...

For the 2 issue (and hopefully for the 1st);

- go to 3D Navi.
- press the "Expand settings" button on lower right.
- check "fixed zoom and steps".
- type the wante distance in "Sliding+walking step".
- revert settings as before if needed.
grin

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: