Logo by LAR2 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 09:07:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulber and sound  (Read 2671 times)
olihar
« on: January 18, 2011, 06:49:54 PM »

hi gang

I am trying to understand how to use .wav files to create something with Mandelbulber, I can not for the life of me understand how this is done, All I am getting are some really strange outcomes and it does not matter what I have tried I always get kind of random results.

Is there anyone with some example I could look at for me to understand fully how this is to be done.

thanks.
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 08:02:35 PM »

Sound file can be used for control of some fractal parameters or shaders parameters. After loading sound file, the sound is divided into 5 channels:
      s0 - sound envelope (absolute value of sound amplitude)
      sa, sb, sc, sd - selected frequency bands of sound
To animate selected parameter you have to put instead of parameter value, following string:
      "sx amp - where sx is channel name, amp is a gain for channel
For example, in IFS parameters you can put: rotation alpha = s0 1.0, rotation beta = sc -0.3. In this case rotation alpha will be animated by sound envelope (amplitude) and rotation beta by third frequency band.

Animation has to be rendered in key-frame mode.

Try to analyze example setting file: sound animation.fract

olihar
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »

yeah I had a look at that file, it does not matter how I change the settings, what sound file I use it always does the same thing. Even skipping loading the sound file I get same results, changing all values to 0 same results, changing all values to 0 and for example rotation beta = sc -0.3 I get same results...

As well even if I change the endframe to something large, it always stops after 100 frames...
olihar
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 07:43:54 PM »

I still can not figure this out... Wonder if there is a problem with it on Windows...?

Saw this pretty interesting one on youtube...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qYlDrtVLV58&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/qYlDrtVLV58&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:14:35 PM »

I still can not figure this out... Wonder if there is a problem with it on Windows...?

Saw this pretty interesting one on youtube...

Temporary I have postponed development of sound animation feature. I have completely removed it from the latest version of the Mandelbulber. There were to many bugs in this part of program which become when I have changed program structure.  Now I also have to change completely handling of parameters, to make it more flexible. I will return with sound animation function in next releases. I'm sorry for the confusion.

olihar
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 10:55:44 PM »

Thanks for the update, I really look forward for the new version and the sound option as I really would like to work with that...

Keep up the awesome work...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:09:53 PM by olihar » Logged
Side B
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:15:27 AM »

Hehe, I had the exact same experience...

I also thought Window 7 was to blame smiley
So I installed Linux, but realised that wasn't true.

Finally, my application for this forum was approved and I found this thread.

Sure, I could have looked before, but I wasn't in any hurry... Feels like I'd rather be running the program on Linux anyway

I'm terribly interested in this feature.
I will search for the most suitable version with the best sound-support myself... Don't want to waste your time
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: