Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 03:31:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbrot set zoom  (Read 3294 times)
mrflay
Alien

« on: December 12, 2010, 12:22:26 AM »

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=16951136&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=16951136&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>

I've made a Mandelbrot set zoom. I hope you like it. It was rendered on an i7 iMac in just under 4 hours. It was created with my own software, using perturbation theory approximations to speed up the calculations.
gussetCrimp
Explorer

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 03:48:24 AM »

beautiful! what is the coloring method, and how did you arrive at this palette? It does not look like other renders of the Mandelbrot set, there is an interesting mix of sharp edges to the dwell bands, feathered textures, and washed-out parts like colored ink has been soaked up according to a smooth gradient... I like how it passes close to several orders of minibrot. Around 45 seconds in the valley of the mini-mini-brot is where it first gets seriously impressive. 2'45" to 2'55" is amazing! congratulations.
panzerboy
Fractal Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 05:43:24 AM »

It's always a challenge when zooming in on what I call the cells.
Inside the cell is great detail and the iterations bands shift fast.
Outside the cells the iteration bands change much much slower.
I think your using a colour palette technique similar to the FastFractal256 CUDA program.
This is where you vary the rates at with the Red Green and Blue colour sine waves repeat.
If you go for subtler transitions between iteration bands the 'deserts' where not much is happening will still evolve in colour.
But you'l then be able to make out the structure inside the cells (or oasis?).
mrflay
Alien

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 01:31:55 PM »

The palette was made from random runs of colors, with each run increasing in brightness. It repeats after about 20000. However I'm a programmer, not an artist, so I don't mess with the palette very much  smiley
panzerboy
Fractal Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 04:49:27 PM »

I'm a programmer too, so I mess with palettes using spreadsheets.
Using various sorts I can group together 'like' colours most usually by the top bits.
eg given a sequence of black, blue, cyan, green, white, magenta, red, yellow corresponds to top (RGB) bits of 000,001,011,010,111,101,100,110.
And then similar or different seqence of the 7th bits, 6th bits and so on.
Even from a random sequence of values will give some variation between adjacent iteration bands whilst giving a larger overall sequence.

They say a picture is worth 1000 words.

The palette starts with 'black' colours where the top RGB bits are all 0 in the top right then progresses thru top bits being yellow, red, magenta, white, green, cyan and finally blue.
Heres the Fractal Extreme Palette editor shots.

* Palette1.jpg (74.17 KB, 712x465 - viewed 407 times.)

* Palette2.jpg (71.15 KB, 712x465 - viewed 357 times.)

* Palette3.jpg (56.85 KB, 712x465 - viewed 385 times.)
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 07:43:49 AM »

Cool, you were asking about colors and missed the big thing going already 3 years ago... smiley

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: